46. "You'll just have to trust me"

You woke up from the best sleep you had had in a while, probably because you had shared the bed with Jimin again. As soon as your eyes got used to the sunlight, you only then noticed him, as he was sitting on the edge of the bed.

He noticed you were awake, quickly packing whatever he had been holding in his hand into his backpack and climbed back onto the bed to kiss you.

"Good morning", he smiled.

"Morning", you greeted back.

"Are you ready for today?", he questioned, the tone of his voice becoming a little more serious than before.

Right, 3 days had passed far too quickly and it was finally time for the mission H.A.M.
Jimin tucked a strand of loose hair behind your ear and chuckled at your, probably swollen, face.

"I think so", you replied, feeling the sudden nervousness spreading through your body like an uncontrollable shiver.

You had spent the last three days with Jimin, walking through the countryside, talking, making love... but you both hadn't dared to speak about the mission.
At least, not until now.

"Jimin", you muttered.

"Hmm?"

You pulled back a bit to face him completely.
"We're not dying on this mission."

It wasn't a question, neither was it a statement. Maybe it was something inbetween, since you weren't sure yourself. You probably just wanted to hear some words of comfort at this point.

Jimin's lip angles twitched and he hugged you tightly.
"We're not dying."

"How can you be sure?"

"I can't be sure", he admitted.
"But something makes me think that we both survived far too often in the past to die here."

Jimin sat upright and held up his right hand, where a slight scarring could be seen, at the place the bullet had injured his hand. Then, he raised his shirt to show the place he had been shot by Taehyung, surrounded by many smaller wounds from the missions he had survived in the past.

"I think I didn't survive all this for nothing", he explained and rolled his shirt back down.
"We'll definitely make it."

The look in his eyes was pure determination, but you couldn't figure out whether he was scared at all or not. He looked like he wanted to say more, but it was as if the words couldn't escape his lips. As if he was slightly mad at himself, he turned away to get up.

"We should get ready. The team members will arrive soon for the preparations."

~

After a few revisions of the plan, the whole group was ready and in full gear. All of Bangtan stuck out with the usual bulletproof vests, which were harder to carry than regular clothing, but it was simply safer.
Taehyung and you weren't wearing them, because you had a different objective than the rest, which required silent and swift movement.

You helped with loading the cars with weapons and gear and were constantly walking back and forth between the storage and the van.

The box you had just picked up was the medical equipment and you gulped upon realizing that people could - and very likely would - die on this mission. Your hands trembled and you placed it down for a moment.

Jimin appeared around the corner, seeming to have found what he was looking for when he saw you. He pulled you to the back of the storage room, making sure you were well hidden behind the crates.