16. "I hate you."

You nearly screamed seeing Jungkook's motionless body lying on the ground. Taehyung was kneeling next to him, holding onto his head in agony.

"JUNGKOOK GET UP!", he yelled and cried at the same time.
Never having seen him this way, you couldn't help but feel afraid.

You felt something like a clump blocking your throat, not letting you speak a word. It was your fault for not stopping Jimin...

"JUNGKOOK!! Y/N HELP ME!", Taehyung welped, grabbing onto your foot while shaking Jungkook's body with his other hand.

The boy's clothes were a little torn from the explosion, also causing his one arm to have burn marks left.
It felt as if your heart was falling apart just looking at the scene.

"Y/N,...please", Taehyung squealed before looking you in the face.
His eyes were red, tears rushing down like rivers as his nose ran as well.
He had a slight burn injury on his hand but didn't seem to mind the pain it must have been causing him.

You didn't know what to do and just stood there, staring at the corpse on the ground in disbelief. Your brain couldn't really process the information that a friend, a family member was lying there, possibly dead.

Taehyung just broke down, resting his head on the chest of his younger friend whom he had cherished so much. He took Jungkook's head into his hands, while pressing his own cheek against the forehead of the boy.

It reminded you of how he had always pressed their foreheads against each other as a sign of affection, seeming like little puppies

They had really been like brothers.

The smoke had already cleared by then, revealing Jimin still standing at his primary position. You really felt as if you could kill him again, but you had no energy anymore.
So much had happened and you had already shed so many tears, that you felt as if they had dried out.

However, Taehyung seemed to have a mental breakdown. Placing Jungkook's head back on the ground as gently as possible, he got up again.
Seeming as if he was drunk, he swayed a little at first before running off towards Jimin in such a speed, that you could barely follow.

He threw a punch towards Jimin, which the other man avoided effortlessly. Taehyung's moves were slow and sloppy, purely caused by anger and devastation.
Jimin didn't fight back, but just kept avoiding.

"You bastard!", Taehyung yelled.
"You killed him!"

Then, he finally landed a punch.

Jimin fell backwards, Taehyung landing onto him. In his rage, he started beating Jimin mercilessly.
All of his hesitation from before was gone.
He was truly out to kill him with his bare hands.

You took a look at Jungkook's pale face, which thankfully, hadn't gotten injured as much.
"I'm so sorry Kookie", you mumbled to him before running off to stop the two.