-1-

Walburga Black groaned as the nurse informed her it was twins. "I have to do that again?" She screamed. The nurse nodded.

"Here it comes!" Walburga screamed in pain as her second child pushed itself out of the womb.

"It's a girl!" The nurse exclaimed, taking the child and giving her a slight wash. Then she handed both children to their mother. Orion Black entered the room. He kissed Walburgas forehead and smiled at the babies.

"What are there names?" He murmured.

"Sirius Orion Black and Cassiopeia Walburga Black." She stated proudly. Orion nodded.

"I'll leave you to rest my love." He said.
Then he handed the nurse her money and she left. Orion walked through to the drawing room and watched as the family tree formed two new members. With a serene smile on his face, he went back to his study to complete the days work.

•••

The twins progressed quickly and Walburga and Orion groomed them into the perfect purebloods they should be. Just as the twins were approaching their second birthday, Walburga had another child, Regulas Arcturus Black. Walburga and Orion were set on placing all the responsibility of being the best on Sirius but of course, trained Regulas the same. Cassiopeia was taught differently, she was taught very sexist ways. Like how to look presentable, the correct conversations to hold over afternoon tea and all that rubbish. However, it was better that then be taught about politics like the boys were. The three children were taught to look down on anyone who wasn't a pureblood, yet Sirius and Cassiopeia didn't understand why.

One day, when she was 5, Cassiopeia plucked up her courage and asked her mother. "Mummy, why can't we be friends with muggles and muggle-borns and half-bloods?"
Walburgas face darkened.

"Because Cassiopeia, they have dirty blood and we are better then them."

"But they're just the same as us!" Little Cass protested.  Walburga slapped her daughter across the face, her rings drawing blood.

"No, they are not!" She hissed. "Do you understand Cassiopeia?" Cass nodded, blinking back the tears that were forming in her eyes. "Good, now get changed. Your cousins are coming over for some tea."

Cassiopeia scampered up the stairs and as soon as she was in the comfort of her and Sirius' bedroom, let the tears flow. Sirius, who was reading a book on being 'gentlemanly', looked up and immediately lept off of the bed.

"Cassie! What happened? Why are you bleeding?" He asked.

"Mummy hit me." Cass sobbed.

Sirius wrapped his arm as around his sister and gently wiped her tears away. Cassiopeia smiled gratefully at him and reached for a cloth to wipe the blood, Sirius took it from her and daubed the blood off for her.

After she was cleaned up, Cassiopeia changed into an afternoon tea worthy dress and scurried downstairs to her awaiting mother and cousins, Andromeda, Narcissa and Bellatrix.

"There you are Cassiopeia. Sit down dear." Walburga said. Cass nodded and sat down beside Andromeda, who smiled reassuringly at her. They talked about the weather, how nice their dresses were and about Hogwarts. Bellatrix was just about to start her fifth year, Andromeda her third and Narcissa her first. For 5 year old Cass, the prospect of going to Hogwarts seemed fascinating. She couldn't wait to go.

"Oh yes, I hope I will be in Slytherin." Narcissa went on.

"Yes of course, Slytherin is the best house." Walburga agreed. Sirius and Regulas then entered with Orion. Sirius slipped into the seat beside Cassiopeia, whereas Regulas sat on Walburgas knee.

"What house do you want to be in when you grow up Sirius?" Bellatrix asked.

"Slytherin." Sirius said boredly.

"Good Sirius, good." Walburga smiled.

"How about you Cassiopeia?"

"Slytherin." Cass said, resisting the urge to say a different house, knowing it would result in another slap or worse. Walburga nodded approvingly.

"Oh my, look at the time!" Andromeda said. "We better get going Aunt Walburga, thank you so much for the tea!" The three rose and picked up there coats.

"Goodbye girls!" Walburga waved them off.
Then she turned to Cass, who was peeking at the muggles in the park in the street centre. Walburga grabbed her by the hair and dragged her to the drawing room.

"Why were you looking at those muggles?" Walburga hissed. Cass whimpered.
"Answer me Cassiopeia!"

"Because I wanted to see if they were like us." She whispered.

"And?"

"They look the same as us."

"HOW DARE YOU," Walburga shrieked.
Then she cast a non verbal spell that sent white hot knives all over Cassiopeias body. She collapsed to the ground, twitching, tears streaming down her face. This went on for at least 5 minutes before Walburga stopped the curse. "Let me ask you again, are muggles like us?" Walburga said calmly. Cass shook her head frantically. "Good, now go to your room without any dinner. Maybe next time you'll think twice before you look at those foul creatures again." And with that, Walburga swept out of the room, leaving poor Cass lying on the floor, too weak to move.

Sirius glared at his mother the whole way through dinner. He had found Cassiopeia staggering through to their room. She hadn't told him what happened, just that she wasn't having dinner. He hadn't commented but he knew that his mother was behind it.

"Sirius, wipe that awful look of your face." Walburga snapped.

"Sorry mother." Sirius muttered, staring at his now empty plate. "Please may I leave the table?" He asked.

"Of course." Orion said.

Sirius walked briskly out often room, then ran up the stairs. Cassiopeia was still trembling slightly but had managed to get into her pyjamas and was reading a book. "How are you feeling?" He asked gently.

"Better." Cass said. "I'll be fine in the morning. Goodnight Sirius."

"Goodnight Cass."