-75-

Sirius stood happily in the courtyard, a cigarette between his lips. He was leaning casually against the wall, oblivious to the stares he was getting from the crowds of students in the middle of the courtyard. Marlene appeared, a smirk playing on her lips.

"Give us a fag, would you?" She said. Sirius rolled his eyes but handed her a cigarette. Marlene took it gracefully, fiddling about with her lighter.

"What do you want, McKinnon?" Sirius said, narrowing his eyes suspiciously.

"Me? Lil' old me?" Marlene said, feigning shock. "I just wanted a cigarette Sirius." She smirked.

"Mmhmm, what do you really want?" Sirius said.

"I need a favour." Marlene admitted.

"I'm listening..." Sirius said. Marlene took a long drag of her cigarette.

"I need you to help me woo someone." She said. Sirius snorted.

"Another one of your boy toys?" He teased. Marlene flicked his cheek.

"No actually." She said. "I know you're with Remus," Sirius' eyes widened. "which is why you're the perfect person for this."

"How did you.." Sirius said. Marlene ran a hand through her long blonde hair.

"I just figured it out. You're not that subtle babe." She laughed lightly.

"What? We are!" Sirius said. Marlene patted his shoulder.

"Chillax, I'm not going to tell anyone." She said. "Anyway, the person I want to woo is of the female species."

"Marlene!" Sirius cried. "You utter minx!" Marlene rolled her eyes.

"Which is why I came to you for help." She continued. "You have a lot of experience with the female species, even though you seem to swing the other way."

"I'm pretty flexible." Sirius grinned. "Who is this girl then?" Marlene tapped her nose.

"That is unimportant babes, I just need some help."

"You've come to the right place." Sirius said. He stubbed his cigarette out on the wall. "She'll be yours by Valentine's Day."

•••

January melted into February and Cass was allowed out of the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey warned her not to return anytime soon, earning a laugh and a wink from Cass. She was slowly returning to her old self, and had managed to get a hand on her stutter. She had not told Sirius what happened in Dumbledore's office, simply telling him that Dumbledore had retrieved her things and his jacket. She had never seen Sirius so happy and she didn't want to ruin it. The common room had never looked so welcoming as she reached the fat lady.

"Oh." Cass said, realising she didn't know the password.

"No password, no entrance." The fat lady said crossly.

"I've been in the hospital wing for a month, please?" Cass said. The fat lady folded her arms.

"Abstinence." Remus said from behind her. Cass spun around, hugging him tightly.

"Correct." The fat lady said, swinging open. Remus helped her though the portrait hole.

"Cass!" Lily screamed, running over to her and nearly knocking her off of her feet.

"Hi Lily." Cass laughed. "Miss me?"

"Of course I did." Lily said. "It's not the same without you in the dormitory."