-122-

Somehow, Cass and Noah were managing to keep their relationship hidden. No one thought anything of their consecutive disappearances, putting it down to studying. Everyone was becoming more and more worried about N.E.W.Ts, even though they were four months away.

After an evening date in the secret passage behind the one eyed witch (quite a cramped space, but somewhere they were sure not to be disturbed), the two of them headed back towards the entrance hall.

Cass furrowed her brows as she heard a familiar laugh, recognising it immediately as Sirius'.

"Shit." Noah said. "That's Sirius, isn't it?"

"Fuck." Cass said. "We need to hide." Her eyes scanned the corridor, spotting a broom cupboard a little way along. She grabbed Noah's hand, pulling him towards it.

"Woah Cass, slow down." Noah laughed as Cass practically sprinted towards the broom cupboard, their hands becoming unlinked.

"I don't want to get caught!" Cass said. "Come on." She yanked the door open, her jaw dropping in shock as she saw two very familiar people wrapped up in each other's arms.

"C-Cass?" Grace said, squinting slightly from the sudden bright light. Cass was not focused on Grace, her eyes drawn to the dark haired boy in the broom cupboard.

"Regulus?" She said.

"Why'd you st— oh." Noah said, seeing Regulus and Grace pressed up against each other.

"What the fuck?" Cass said. Noah pushed her gently in to the cupboard as the sound of the laughter drew nearer.

Grace and Regulus shifted towards the back, each of them hastily doing up the buttons of their shirts. Cass' eyes drifted to Regulus' left forearm, where she knew the dark mark would be hidden underneath his shirt. She gave an involuntary shudder and subconsciously leaned back into Noah, who gently wrapped an arm around her waist.

"So, mind telling us what's going on?" Noah said.

"Why don't you tell us?" Grace said. "I thought you were broken up."

"Uh uh young lady, don't you dare turn the tables on us." Noah said, waggling his finger. "I don't think so. I asked you first."

"It's pretty self explanatory." Regulus muttered, staring decidedly at the floor to avoid meeting Cass' gaze.

"So you can go around snogging one of my best friends but you can't speak to me?" Cass said, trying to mask her hurt.

"It's not like that." Grace said quickly. "We're just... messing around."

"Yes well I can see that." Cass said coolly. "Cmon Noah, let's go."

"Cass, I— can we talk?" Regulus said, his voice cracking.

"You did enough talking last time Regulus." Cass said. "I'm done listening." She pushed past Noah and slammed the door closed as she exited. Noah sighed.

"Is this what you've been so secretive about?" He asked. Grace nodded.

"I'm sorry Noah, I wanted to tell you but... well you can guess why I didn't." Grace said.

"Well, I won't stay." Noah said. He glanced at Regulus, who was staring into space, seemingly deep in thought.

"Tell her I'm sorry." Regulus said hoarsely. "Please."

"Tell her yourself." Noah said curtly.

"She won't talk to me." Regulus sighed. "Not that I blame her, not after what I did." He bit his lip, swallowing hard. Noah cleared his throat.