-55-

Remus gently took Cass' hand and helped her off the train. "Thanks." Cass muttered. "I suppose you want to know what happened?"

"Not if you don't want to tell me." Remus said. "I'm only here if you need me." Cass smiled at him gratefully. "I'll take you to the hospital wing after the feast. Madam Pomfrey will have you fixed up in no time."

"Yeah, well I need to make sure I don't faint so I don't lose concentration of these bloody concealment charms."

"I think Lily is looking for you." Remus said, pointing to her. "I'll see you after the feast okay? Don't you dare go disappearing back to the common room."

"Okay Remus, I won't." Cass said, rolling her eyes. "Bye!" She hurried off to the carriage Lily was waiting at. Remus turned around in surprise as an arm snaked around his waist.

"Oh, it's just you." He said, laughing. Sirius pouted.

"Just me? Just me Moony? I am offended!" He clutched his heart. Remus elbowed him away.

"Stop it you twat." He said. Sirius grinned.

"Come on slowpoke, Prongs will be pissy if we miss the carriages."

•••

"Welcome to our new students! Welcome back to our old!" Dumbledore started his speech. Cass didn't really listen. She was concentrating on not looking at the Ravenclaw table. She glanced up, not able to bear it anymore and caught sight of Will, Noah's brother. He gave her a small wave, which she returned half heartedly. The food appeared, meaning Dumbledore must have finished his speech.

"You okay?" Lily said, nudging Cass gently. Cass grimaced in pain.

"Yeah, just tired." Cass said. "I'm going to the hospital wing after dinner to get my arm fixed."

"Okay, want me to come?" Lily said.

"No it's okay, Remus said he'd take me." Cass said. Lily nodded and reached over to get the mashed potatoes. Cass put a few things on her plate, not really paying attention. She pushed the food around for a bit, staring into space. She made accidental eye contact with Regulas. He raised an eyebrow at her and she shrugged, not feeling up to an argument.

"Is that all you're going to eat?" Marlene said, staring at Cass' nearly empty plate.

"Not hungry." Cass muttered. Lily gave her an anxious glance but didn't comment. Cass tunes out all of the talking and waited until it was an acceptable time to grab Remus and go to the hospital wing. Deciding she had waited long enough, she got up from her place. "I'm going now." She said to Lily, walking away. She tapped Remus on the shoulder.

"You ready?" He said. Cass nodded.

"Ready for what?" Sirius said, narrowing his eyes.

"I'm taking her to the hospital wing." Remus said. "For her arm."

"It's not just her arm though is it?" Sirius muttered. Remus stamped on his foot under the table and he hissed in pain.

"That hurt you dickhead." Sirius said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Remus said, giving him a look. Sirius swore under his breath. "See you in the common room." He led Cass out of the great hall. "What are you telling Madam Pomfrey you did?"