-96-

"Cassiopeia!"

"Cass!"

The room faded into darkness as Cass collapsed out of the chair in McGonagalls office. Sirius knelt down beside her, shaking her gently.

"Perhaps she should go to the hospital wing." McGonagall said. "I'm sure this has come as a great shock."

"She's fine." Sirius said through gritted teeth. "She'll want to see him."

"That could potentially be upsetting." McGonagall said. "And we do not know how long it will take for her to come to."

"Augmenti." Sirius muttered, pointing his wand at Cass. Water splashed onto her face and she shot up, spluttering.

"What happened?" She asked, pushing her sopping wet hair out of her face.

"You fainted." Sirius said dryly. "Minnie was going to send you to the hospital wing."

"Well I figured I didn't just fall asleep." Cass rolled her eyes. "I've seen enough of the hospital wing to last me a lifetime, not that I don't love Madam Pomfrey."

"I have to agree there, Cassiopeia." McGonagall said.

"Why did I faint?" Cass asked, climbing to her feet and sitting back down.

"Mr Rosenthal is alive." McGonagall said. "He will make a full recovery."

"Oh thank fucking Merlin." Cass breathed. "Oh Minnie, I could kiss you." Tears streamed down her cheeks. Sirius looked alarmed.

"What's wrong?" He said. Cass laughed through her tears.

"Oh Siri, I'm just happy." She cried. Sirius looked at her doubtfully. Sirius hated crying, there were only a few people who had even seen him cry; Cass, Remus and James' parents.

"I'm pretty sure you're only meant to cry when your sad." Sirius said.

"Pretty sure you do not understand emotions." Cass said. McGonagall cleared her throat.

"Miss Fawley is at St Mungos now, with Mr Rosenthals family. I can take you there if you would like?"

"Um, I don't want to intrude." Cass muttered. "I'm sure I'm the last person that they want to see."

"What makes you say that?" McGonagall said.

"Well, I'm the reason that Noah is in Mungos in the first place." Cass said.

"No you're not Cass." Sirius said sharply. "You got him back quickly enough for them to be able to save him."

"It's still my fault." Cass mumbled. Sirius sighed and wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"You need to stop blaming yourself." He whispered.

"Miss Black, I can arrange for you to go and se Mr Rosenthal tomorrow after classes if you would prefer. Perhaps with Miss Fawley?" McGonagall said.

"I'm not going to classes tomorrow, there's no point." Cass said. McGonagalls eyebrows shot up into her hairline.

"And why is that?"

"I don't have my wand." Cass said. "I never managed to get it back before I apparated."

"I see." McGonagall pursed her lips. "Very well, you are excused from classes tomorrow, but only tomorrow Cassiopeia. You cannot miss too much work in your N.E.W.T year." Cass snorted.

"I'll try and avoid the hospital wing then."

•••

"You haven't seen Marlene, have you?" Dorcas asked, sitting down next to Lily in the common room.