-2-

Sirius' first dose of the cruciartus curse was a few years later. "Cassiopeia! Pay attention." Walburga snapped. Cass rolled her eyes but looked up nevertheless.

"Oh my god mother, lay off of her." Sirius muttered. Unfortunately for him, Walburga heard. Her eyes narrowed dangerously.

"What did you say Sirius?"

Sirius repeated himself. Walburga raised her wand and cast the spell. Cassiopeia watched in horror as her brother fell to the ground, twitching. She was frozen for about 5 minutes before she snapped out of it and slapped Walburgas wand out of her hand. Sirius gasped for air. Cass rushed over to see if he was okay. Walburga retrieved her wand.

"Sirius. Room. Now." She said, as calmly as possible. Sirius stood his ground.

"No." He said just as calmly.

"Orion!" Walburga screeched. Orion came into the room. Walburga spoke in hushed tones to him and he turned to his son. Raising his wand, he cast the spell at the same time Walburga did to Cassiopeia. The twins fell to the ground, fighting the tears that were threatening to fall. Orion stopped first. He helped Sirius to his feet and shoved him out the door. The pain for Cassiopeia intensified as Orion cast the spell and joined in with his wife. Giving up on being silent, Cass screamed with pain.

"Stop--Stop---please stop." She cried.

Walburga smiled smugly and the pain intensified further. Cass, being only 9, couldn't take it any further. Her screams echoed through the house and then they abruptly stopped. Orion and Walburga had stopped the curse. Orion bent down and grabbed Cass by her hair, he brought her face close to his.

"Never disrespect your mother again." He hissed. Cassiopeias eyes lost their focus as she fell to the ground.

"Kreacher!" Walburga called.

"Yes Mistress?" Kreaher appeared

"Take Cassiopeia to her room."

"Of course Mistress." Kreacher bowed, grabbed Cass' arm and apparated her to her room.
Sirius stopped pounding on the door and immediately lifted her onto her bed.

"Cass! Cassie! Can you hear me?" He asked. Cass smiled.

"You're a doofus." She murmured.

"Wow thanks." Sirius rolled his eyes.

"No problem."

"Are you okay?"

"Just spectacular." She rolled her eyes.
There was a knock on the door.

"It's Regulas." Regulas said. Sirius opened the door. Regulas took one look at Cassiopeia and did a double take. "What happened? I heard your screams but my bedroom door was locked and I couldn't get out."

"Don't worry about me Reg, I'm okay." Cass propped herself up on her elbow.

"Sure you are." Sirius said sarcastically.

"If you say so Cass. I better go, try not to die."
Regulas kissed her forehead and left for her room.

"Cass, are you actually okay?" Sirius sat down beside her on her bed.

"Not really Sirius."

"You stuck up for me. I feel a bit guilty."

"Well you stuck up for me so it's only fair." Cass shrugged.

"They hit you with two cruciartus curses, that's a bit more extreme then one."

"Sirius it's okay, I'll live. I don't blame you in any way. I promise." Cass held up her pinky. "Pinky swear?" She asked.