-79-

Sirius barely slept, propped up in the chair beside his bed. He fell in and out of an uneasy sleep. Cass didn't sleep well either, nightmares flooding her brain, causing her to wake up with her heart pounding. Sirius was awake every time she woke and gently soothed her back to sleep. Cass woke for the fourth or fifth time and promptly vomited into the bowl Sirius laid out for her.

"Morning sunshine." Sirius said, handing her a cup of water. Cass gulped it back gratefully. "I owled Lily and told her not to come, you're in no fit state to move from this bed."

"I'm fine." Cass protested. Sirius raised an eyebrow and vanished her vomit from the bowl.

"I spoke to James last night, he said he'd speak to Euphemia to see if she could figure out what's wrong with you."

"It's just a bug or something." Cass said. "I'll be fine."

"It could be anything Cass." Sirius said. "You don't know what it could be. For all we know, you've been cursed."

"You don't think I have, do you?" Cass said, her eyes widening. Sirius shrugged.

"It's crossed my mind a few times." He said. "You know, you being who you are."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Cass said, frowning slightly in confusion. Sirius sighed.

"It just means that you have some enemies." He said. "Powerful people, even Voldemort, want
to hurt you, it could be something like that." Cass sighed.

"You're just being paranoid Sirius."

•••

Sirius was in fact, being paranoid. Euphemia marched over to the twins flat and inspected Cass, telling them both that she simply had a sickness bug and it would pass in a few days. She left Sirius with strict instructions to give Cass hot soup and not let her get out of bed. Sirius had nodded and promised he would but it was now nearing dinner time and he was panicking.

"I don't know how to make soup!" He said, running his hands through his hair. "I barely know how to make pasta for gods sake."

"Let me help." Cass said, going to get out of bed. Sirius pushes her firmly back down.

"No. Bed rest for you. I'll figure it out." He said. Csss rolled her eyes.

"Sure you will." She said. The doorbell rang. Sirius sighed.

"I told James not to come back, he was supposed to be seeing his grandparents today." He went into the hallway. "Prongs, I told you I had it under control-" He opened the door. "-I mean it's not like you'll be any better, you're- oh." Sirius blinked a few times as he realised who it was. "You're not Prongs."

"Well observed." Lily scoffed. "Now, can I come in?"

"Uh, I suppose so." Sirius said, opening the door wider so she could enter.

"Who is it Sirius?" Cass called.

"It's Lily." Sirius said.

"Lily? Are you sure?" Cass said, sounding doubtful.

"Come and see for yourself- wait don't come! We'll come to you." Sirius said quickly, leading Lily through to his bedroom.

"Nice room Cass." Lily said, raising her eyebrows slightly at the posters plastering the walls.

"It's mine, obviously." Sirius said. "Cass' room is under construction and she needed a stable place to sleep."

"Because I'm on bed rest." Cass said, wrinkling her nose. "I've told you all I'm fine." She gagged slightly and immediately reached for the bowl.