-81-

The rest of April and half of May flashed by, and the sixth years found themselves swamped with homework. Even when they had none, they all felt the pressure to revise. Cass hardly saw Noah, practically being forced to study by Lily or being dragged into the marauders latest schemes. Finally, Cass found herself alone in the courtyard, a lit cigarette between her lips.

"That really is a horrible habit." Noah said, sidling up to her.

"Hello to you too." Cass said, an amused smile gracing her lips. "I've barely seen you for hmm... almost a month and the first thing you do is lecture me about my smoking habits."

"Not a lecture, just an observation." Noah said, holding his hands up in surrender. "I missed you."

"You're so soft." Cass said, rolling her eyes. "I missed you too."

"How's your revision going?" Noah asked.

"Don't even get me started on that." Cass sighed. "Lily is breathing down my neck about it enough as it is. I swear she is secretly a Ravenclaw."

"She would fit in quite well." Noah laughed. "Apart from her temper, too hot headed for Ravenclaw I'd say."

"True." Cass said. She laid her head on Noah's shoulder, taking a long drag from her cigarette. "God, when did I start smoking?" She laughed.

"When Sirius gave you a packet of fags for 'stress relief'." Noah said, smirking slightly.

"Horrible habit." Cass said, stubbing it out on the sole of her shoe. "I've only been doing it because I've been sad."

"Sad? Are you okay? What about?" Noah said frantically. Cass laughed.

"I've been missing you." She admitted. "You've been virtually unfindable, or I've been caught up with homework."

"Oh." Noah said. "Well, I suppose I could make it up to you." He grinned.

"Oh can you now?" Cass smirked. "We'll see about that." Noah took her by the hips and spun her around so she was pressed against him.

"I love you." He whispered. Cass smiled and reached her head up so their lips met.

"Eugh, I come out here for a damn smoke and my spot has been wrecked by a disgustingly in love couple. Perfect." Marlene's voice interrupted their makeout sesh.

"Bugger off Marls." Cass said.

"Lily's looking for you." Marlene said. "Something about revision maybe..." Cass groaned loudly.

"I've revised enough to last me a lifetime." She said. "These exams don't even matter that much."

"You know as well as I do she's only doing it as a distraction." Marlene laughed.

"A distraction from what?" Noah asked curiously.

"James." Cass said. "She fancies him but she refuses to admit it, so she's been avoiding him by spending almost all of her time in the library. The one place James never goes."

"Smart." Noah said. "If I wanted to avoid James I would just spread a rumour that I secretly hated quidditch."

"He wouldn't avoid you then." Cass said. "He would hint you down and probably give you a passionate lecture about how quidditch is the best sport to ever exist."

"And a passionate lecture is probably not what Lily needs right now." Marlene added. "Too sexy."

"Do you really think James Potter giving a passionate lecture about quidditch is sexy?" Cass said, wrinkling her nose slightly.