-99-

Sirius walked sluggishly through the corridors towards Gryffindor common room. He couldn't believe that Cass would just leave, not even writing him a note. Sure, she left one for Noah, but he was her brother, her twin for gods sake. To say it stung would be an understatement.

Sirius hated crying. He had hated crying ever since he was punished for it as a child. "Boys don't cry!" Orion had screamed. He only cried when something extreme happened, he had cried when he told Remus everything about his family, to Euphemia and Fleamont Potter when he was disowned, and to Cass. He wanted nothing more than to sob into Cass' arms but she was gone. He didn't know when she'd be back, if she ever would be.

"Password?" The fat lady asked irritably. Sirius hadn't even realised he'd reached the portrait hole. "I don't have all day, you know."

"Firecrab." Sirius said wearily. The fat lady gave him a stiff nod, swinging open. Sirius trudged into the nearly empty common room.

James and Peter were playing wizards chess, Remus had his nose buried in a book, Marlene, Dorcas and Lily were doing homework and Frank and Alice were curled up together on the sofa. Sirius had never felt so out of place, he wanted Cass to come down the stairs and tell him off for putting of homework to the last minute. He wanted her to come and tell him that N.E.W.Ts were only nine months away and that he should start studying now. He let out a broken sob, burying his face in his hands.

Remus looked up from his book, practically throwing it down and rushing over to Sirius. He gently wrapped his arms around him, shielding him from nosy onlookers. James fiercely glared at a group of fifth years watching the scene and they looked away immediately. James and Peter stood around Remus and Sirius, watching with worried eyes.

"Where's Cass?" Remus asked softly. "Is she alright?"

"She's gone." Sirius said shakily. "She's gone and she didn't even say goodbye."

"Gone? What do you mean gone?" James asked.

"She left a letter for Noah, breaking up with him and telling him she was leaving Hogwarts." Sirius said. He pressed his face against Remus' jumper, crying into his chest.

"Come on, let's get you upstairs." Remus said. Sirius nodded and let Remus half carry him towards the dormitory.

"Oh, you're back Sirius. Good. Where's Cass?" Lily asked. Sirius didn't reply. James mouthed a tell you later to Lily before following Remus, Peter and Sirius up the stairs.

"Is Sirius alright?" Marlene said, looking up from her transfiguration homework. Lily shrugged, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Where's Cass?" Dorcas said.

"I don't know." Lily said. She sighed, folding up her parchment and putting her books in her bag. "James said he'd tell me later."

"Maybe she is in the hospital wing." Marlene said.

"Maybe."

"I don't understand." James said for the fourth time. "Cass wouldn't just leave."

"Do you see her anywhere?" Sirius snapped. "She has left. The sooner we start accepting it, the better." He laid back onto Remus, who stroked his hair.

"But she wouldn't." James insisted. "We know her, she wouldn't break up with Noah and just disappear. She loves him."

"Well she has." Sirius said bitterly. "Maybe we didn't know her as well as we thought we did." James frowned.

"Don't say that, of course we did. Of course we do." James said. "She's your twin sister Sirius. You're practically attached at the hip half the time."