-15-

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING- A LOT OF ABUSE⚠️

"Cassiopeia!" Walburgas shrill shriek cane from downstairs. Cass groaned. "Get dressed and get down here right now!"

"Yes mother!" Cass called back down. She debated on having a shower but decided against it, pulling on a dress and putting her hair into french braids. She checked herself in the mirror before going downstairs.

Walburga was tapping her foot impatiently. "In there, now!" She said, pointing at Orions study. Cass gulped. She entered the study where her father was sitting at his desk, Avery's owl on his shoulder.

"Fuck." Cass said under her breath. She stood timidly in front of the desk and waited. Walburga swept in, slamming the door behind her.

"Would you care to explain this?" Orion asked, shoving a letter towards her.

Dear Orion and Walburga,

Cassiopeia nd I have been dating as you know, but recently there has been a great deal of issues. This has unfortunately caused your daughter to break up with me, breaking mine and my family's heart. As well as this, Cassiopeia has been very rude to me and has broken my nose and kicked me in the crotch. It is my deepest regret to tell you this news as I thought Cassiopeia and I had something special.

Regards,
Avery

"This is a load of bullshit." Cass muttered, a little too loudly.

"Excuse me young lady! This poor boy is heartbroken because of you, and you have been very violent towards him. This is unacceptable behaviour." Walburga snapped.

"Compared to what he's done to me, that's nothing." Cass snapped back.

"Oh? And what, pray tell, has he done to you?" Walburga asked.

"He-"

"Nothing! That's what I suspected."

"Hold on-"

"I have also heard reports from certain sources that you have been hanging out with mudbloods and blood traitors."

"You mean my friends?" Cass said angrily.

"Oh, is that what you'd call them? I would call them filth. Much like I would call you. A disgrace to this family." Walburga said. "No matter, your father is going to deal with you first." Cass paled as her mother left the room. 

"Cassiopeia." Orion tutted. "I'm very angry at you." Cass gulped. Orion fingered his wand but placed it on the desk. "Since you love muggles so much, I will punish you their way. At first anyway." Orion grinned at his daughter, opening a drawer in his desk. He brought out a thick leather belt. Cass slowly backed away towards the door. She grasped the handle and tried desperately to open the door but to no avail. It was locked. Her heartbeat increased as her father came towards her. Orion grinned.

•••

Cass lay on the floor of the study, in utter agony, covered in her own blood and tears. Walburga entered the room. She laughed. "Look at you, pathetic." She spat. She kicked her daughter in the ribs. "Stand up." Cass staggered to her feet, every part of her body screaming in pain. "Part of me wants to put you out of your misery, just one spell and you'd be gone. Dead."

"No." Cass croaked, her voice hoarse.

"Don't worry, I won't. That would be too easy. She reached out a hand and stroked Cass' cheek. Cass watched her nervously. "I feel as though everything's been done before..." Walburga trailed off. She muttered a spell and Cass' head was in agony. She clutched it, falling to her knees. "Crucio!" Walburga cackled. Cass fell to the ground, screaming, and screaming, and screaming.

"Please.... stop." Cass gasped for air, the spell being lifted. Walburga muttered another spell and it felt as though bolts of lightning were coasting through Cass' body. Cass slowly felt herself drifting away until she was unconscious.

•••

When Cass awoke, she was on her bedroom floor. It was dark outside and, after checking her clock, she saw it was 3am. Every part of her was still in fiery pain. She grabbed onto her bed and pulled herself up. Grabbing some pyjamas and a towel, she stumbled through to the bathroom.

"Cass?" A voice said from the dark. Cass squinted her eyes to see who it was. Sirius. "Oh my god. Cass." His voice cracked as he surveyed his sister.

"The one and only." Cass croaked, immediately regretting opening her mouth for the agony it  caused her was unreal.

"Cass this is illegal, what they're doing to you. I've checked. You have to tell someone. Mcgonnagol? Heck even Dumbledore."

"No." Cass said firmly. "It happens to you sometimes as well."

"Nowhere near as bad." Sirius said. He opened his mouth to say more but Cass pushed past him and went into the bathroom.

"Shit." Sirius murmured. Why had he gone to James' today? He could have defended her. Sirius knew he was lying to himself but he could have at least taken some of the hit, but no. He was at his best friends house, eating gingerbread and dreaming up prank ideas. Some brother he was.