-28-

"James? Sirius? What are you doing up so early?" Euphemisms Potter answered the door. It was just starting to get light.

"Hi mum, we were getting Cass back." James said.

"Cassiopeia! So good to see you." Euphemia hugged her tightly.

"Hello Mrs Potter." Cass said.

"Come in, come in. Let's get you some breakfast, you all look exhausted." Euphemia ushered them inside. "James, could you put Cass's trunk upstairs?"

"Would it be okay if you unlocked it Mrs Potter?" Cass asked quietly. Euphemia glanced at the padlock on the trunk. "Alohamora doesn't work."

"Of course dear." Euphemia said. She tapped her wand on the lock, muttering a few spells. It fell to the floor with a clang.

"Thank you." Cass said.

"No problem dear, James could you take it upstairs?" James nodded. Euphemia cast a vanishing spell on the lock. "Let's get you all some food."

•••

"Cass, you're staying in here." James said, he led her to one of the guest rooms. "My room is just there, Sirius is with me." He pointed to the room opposite.

"Thank you James." Cass said.

"Oh no problem it's just a room, I-"

"I don't mean that James. I mean thank you for everything. Getting me here, letting me stay..."

"Cass, it's no problem. Anything for you and Sirius. You're like part of my family, you know that right?" James said. Cass hugged him tightly.

"Are you guys coming to Diagon Alley or not?" Sirius shouted.

"Yeah. Coming." James yelled back.

•••

"Who are we meeting?" Cass asked.

"Remus, Peter, Lily, Dorcas and Marlene." James said.

"You, as in James Potter, got Lily, as in Lily Evans, to meet you at Diagon Alley?" Cass asked. James nudged her.

"Shut up." He blushed. "I obviously told her you were coming."

"Look, there's Remus." Sirius said. They ran over to him. "Remus!" Sirius hugged him.

"Hey Sirius. Hi James." Remus said. James nodded at him. "Hi Cass." Cass grinned.

"Hiya Remus." They hugged quickly.

"I'm so glad you're okay, you weren't answering my letters."

"Didn't get them. I was at Averys. Sorry." Cass said. Sirius muttered something under his breath and Cass stamped on his foot. He hissed in pain.

"It's okay, I was just worried. Are you-"

"Oh look, there's Lily." Cass said, rushing to hug her. James' eyes lit up.

"Marlene owled me, her and Dorcas are stuck in France with Marlenes family. Apparently the whole overseas floo network is down." Lily said.

"Oh shit. That's not good." Cass said.

"Yeah I know. I told them to let us know when their back but-"