-46-

Cass waited for Noah by the Lake. It was freezing. She saw Noah jogging up. "Hey." She said, offering a small smile.

"Hey." Noah said. "I missed you." He kissed her. Cass kissed him back. They sat down on the grass.

"Oh, happy new year." Noah said. Cass laughed.

"Happy new year." She shivered slightly.

"Oh! I thought about that." Noah revealed a small jar of bright blue flame. The heat radiated off of it. Cass grinned at him.

"Impressive." She said. "I'm sorry I didn't write over the holidays, I was... busy."

"No worried. I wasn't really expecting you too, everything was okay right?" Noah said, his eyes were filled with concern.

"Mhmm." Cass lied. She stared into the flames.

"Wish that you could have been my New Years Kiss." Noah said.

"Oh don't worry, we can make up for that." Cass smiled. Noah grinned.

•••

Remus was gone when Sirius woke up. He had returned to the dormitory after seeing Cass safely came back. He chucked a pillow at James head.

"Whassa matter?" James said sleepily.

"Breakfast." Sirius said. "Come on, I'm hungry." James slipped on his glasses. Sirius paced the dormitory impatiently.

"Where's Remus?" James said.

"How am I supposed to know?" Sirius snapped. "At breakfast I expect."

"Yeesh, sorry." James muttered. Sirius scowled.

"Look, I'll just see you down there. You'd better wake Peter up." He stormed out of the dormitory. On his way to the great hall, he ran into a pretty Ravenclaw girl. Literally.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She said, hurrying to pick up her books.

"It's okay. My fault." Sirius said. The girl smiled.

"You're Sirius right?"

"Right." Sirius said. "And you are?"

"Georgia. Pleased to meet you." She stuck her hand out.

"The pleasure is mine." Sirius said, shaking it. Georgia smiled again.

"Well I'd um, better be going." She said. Sirius winked at her. He went down to breakfast, in a considerably better mood. He sat down next to Cass.

"Good morning." He said cheerily. Cass raised her eyebrows.

"You're in a good mood." She said.

"Of course I am! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, what's not to be happy about?"

"Firstly, it's cloudy and secondly, I could list a few things. The fact that Snape is glaring harshly at you." Sirius made a noise of disgust.

"I don't need to worry about Snivellus." He said haughtily.

"And, you're not sitting with Remus." Cass said.

"I wanted to talk to you." Sirius said. "James and Peter are on their way down."

"Right, when you see James make sure to warn him from trying to get Lily today. She's in a foul mood." Cass said.

"Where is she?"

"Who knows? She was supposed to meet Snape last night but I'm pretty sure he bailed. That's what I've gathered from Alice anyway." Cass rolled her eyes.