-67-

Lily and Marlene staggered down to breakfast, groaning and holding their heads. Cass stared at them with an amused smile on her face.

"Rough night?" She said. Marlene glared at her.

"I'm never drinking again." Lily moaned. Cass shoves a mug of steaming coffee towards her.

"It's got some hangover cure in it as well." She said, giving Marlene the same. They smiled at her gratefully. Cass smirked at Lily.

"What?" Lily asked.

"Just thinking about how you snogged James last night." Cass said airily. Lily went bright red and buried her face in her hands.

"I was drunk." Lily said. "We were playing a game. It didn't mean anything."

"Well I managed to kiss Sirius without snogging his face off." Marlene said, smirking. Lily gave her a very dirty look. "He's quite a good kisser actually." Marlene added as an afterthought. Dorcas appeared, sitting down next to Marlene and laying her head on the table.

"Thank Merlin it's Sunday." She muttered. Cass pushes a cup of the same concoction towards Dorcas. Dorcas gulped it back eagerly, muttering a thanks.

"We might not have classes, but we have a mountain of homework." Marlene said, with a sigh. Lily sipped her coffee, looking smug.

"I've done it all already." She said.

"Well whoop-de-do for you." Marlene snapped. She rummaged around in her hoodie pocket. "Aw for fucks sake."

"What?" Cass said.

"I've run out of fucking cigarettes." Marlene cursed. Cass rolled her eyes.

"Don't worry I'm sure Sirius will have some." Dorcas said. Cass furrowed her eyebrows.

"Sirius hasn't smoked since Christmas." She said slowly. "Why would he have some?" Dorcas face palmed.

"Here he comes." Lily said, nodding her head in Sirius' direction. He sat down next to Cass.

"Do me a coffee would you Cassie?" He asked. Cass narrowed her eyes at him. "What? Do I have something on my face?"

"Why didn't you tell me you started smoking again?" Cass demanded. Sirius looked at Dorcas, Lily and Marlene.

"Don't look at us! It was Dorcas." Marlene said. Cass had her arms folded.

"Hey! I was only saying that Sirius could give you a fag, you wanted one." Dorcas defended.

"I'm waiting." Cass said.

"I didn't want you to worry. I wanted you to focus on getting better." Sirius sighed.

"You only smoked as a release from... stress." Cass coughed slightly. "Are the same things bothering you again?"

"Yes." Sirius admitted. "The homework has returned."

"What are you on about?" Lily asked. "You're not making sense."

"I'm just talking about the homework Lily." Sirius said. Cass nodded in understanding. Lily shook her head.

"Riddles. Utter riddles." She said. Cass ignored her, passing Sirius a mug of coffee.

"I'll be at the library when you want help with homework." She said.

"Will you help me too?" Marlene said.

"Lily will, won't you Lil?" Cass said, giving Lily a pleading look.

"I suppose."

"Perfect, see you all later." Cass stood up and left the table.

"So Sirius, can I actually have a fucking fag?"