-19-

"Evans! Evans! Hellooo Evans! Lilyflower!" James called. Lily quickened her pace as James jogged to catch up with her. "Evans!"

"What is it Potter?" Lily snapped, so harshly that James looked taken aback.

"Woah, what's got your wand in a knot?"

"I have bigger problems to worry about than talking to you." Lily said.

"Come on Evans. One date and then I'll leave you alone." James said.

"Oh piss off Potter! I've had enough of you constantly calling after me and flirting with me. I have stuff to do and things to worry about and I don't need you to take up my time!" Lily practically yelled.

"Evans.."

"No! You need to grow up and not acting like you did in first year! Constantly prancing people, bullying my best friend! I've had enough of it!"

"Woah I don't bully Cass."

"I'm not talking about Cass. I'm talking about Severus." James wrinkled his nose at the name.

"Seriously? He's your best friend?" James asked in disgust. Lily hesitated.

"Yes! Just because you don't like him doesn't mean you have to bully him! I don't like you and you don't see me constantly calling you names and pulling horrible pranks on you! You're an immature, bigheaded, arrogant, prick and you need to grow the fuck up!" Lily screamed. James stared after her as she stormed away.

"Woah, mate you alright?" Sirius said from behind him, he and Cass has watched the whole exchange. James didn't say anything, just started walking towards the great hall for dinner.

•••

Lily sat at the end of the table with Marlene, Dorcas and Poppy. James sat at the opposite end, staring at his empty plate. Sirius glanced at him with worry. "See you later." Cass said. Sirius nodded at her and sat down beside James. Cass went down to where her friends were sitting.

"Hi Cass." Poppy said. Lily was sending glares in James' direction.

"Hiya Pops." Cass said.

"Lily, why are you glaring at James?" Marlene asked tiredly. Lily ignored the question, staring down at her plate.

"They had a fight." Cass said.

"Lovers tiff?" Dorcas asked. Cass shook her head violently. Lily glared hard at Dorcas. Dorcas furrowed her eyebrows.

"What happened?" Poppy asked.

"I told him how I feel about him." Lily said.

"Ooh who's in love?" Alice said, sitting down. Cass face palmed. "Please say it's Lily and James."

"No. Far from it actually. I told him he was an immature, bigheaded arrogant prick and that he need to grow up." Lily said.

"Yeah, after you screamed at him for a while." Cass added.

"Yes. But that was only because he was talking shit about my best friend."

"Why would he talk shit about Cass?" Dorcas asked.

"She means Severus." Cass said. Dorcas, Marlene and Alice wrinkled their noses. Poppy snorted loudly.

"To be fair Lily, he's not good for you. When was the last time he had a proper conversation with you?" She asked.

"I don't know! I don't keep track of these things!" Lily snapped, picking up her stuff and storming out of the great hall.

"I'll go after her." Cass said tiredly, picking up her stuff as well.

"At least eat something first." Alice said. Cass waved her off.

"I had a big lunch." She said. Alice raised an eyebrow. Cass rolled her eyes but grabbed one of the apples out of the fruit bowl.

"That's not a very filling dinner." Poppy said. Cass shrugged and followed Lily out of the great hall.

•••

"Maybe I should talk to her." James said. Remus groaned, Sirius face palmed and even Peter rolled his eyes.

"That's the fourth time you've said that in the past ten minutes." Remus said.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry I'm just-"

"Brooding?" Remus suggested.

"Plotting?" Sirius said.

"Upset that Lily told her her true feelings?" Peter said. James stared at him.

"Those aren't her true feelings! She was just irritated because she's stressed. Yeah, that's it. She fancies me really." James said.

"Does she?" Remus said, raising an eyebrow. "Because by the sounds of things—"

"Yes, yes Remus. I know. She hates me blah blah."

"Actually, I was going to say you pissed her off but-"

"But she hates you." Sirius said. James groaned.

"What am I going to do?"

"Maybe you should just leave her alone for a while." Peter suggested. James sighed.

"I suppose."

"No! Don't give up on this James! You can win her heart!" Sirius said.

"Stop encouraging him Sirius." Remus rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, you're right." James said.

"Uh, which one of us?" Remus asked.

"Sirius of course!"

•••

"For goodness sake Lily, just talk to him." Cass said.

"I can't! He's always surrounded by his stupid friends!"

"Well I'll come with you."

"No, because then they might say mean things to you. Y'know, like blood traitor and stuff."

"I can handle it Lily."

"I know you can Cass, but I need to go alone."

"But why?"

"Because, Severus doesn't like anyone who's friends with Sirius or James."

"You're friends with Sirius and James."

"I am not!" Lily said in disgust. "Well, Sirius is okay sometimes but I am certainly not friends with James."

"Mmm." Cass said vaguely. Lily hit her on the shoulder. "Ow! What was that for?"

"I'm not friends with James!"

"Okay, okay. No need to hit me." Cass muttered. Lily rolled her eyes. "Well, are you going to talk to him or not?"