-59-

"Remus!" Cass said, rushing over to him and crushing him in a hug.

"Cass!" Remus mocked, grinning.

"You should have spoken to me this morning, I know you were in the hospital wing." Cass folded her arms. Remus grimaced.

"I wasn't in a fit state to talk to anyone." He said. "Rough moon." Cass patted his arm sympathetically. They sat down on the couch beside the fire.

"Hey Moony." Sirius said, flopping down beside them. "If James asks, I've been here the whole time." Sirius had a mischievous grin on his face. Remus nodded. Sirius picked up his charms textbook, pretending to read it. They heard a scream of rage from the boys dormitory.

"I wonder what that's about." Remus said, raising his eyebrows at Sirius.

"I wouldn't know." Sirius said, trying to mask his laughter. Cass giggled.

"SIRIUS BLACK I AM GOING TO GET YOU!" James angry shouts came closer as he cane storming down the stairs. Sirius looked up. James' hair was a lovely colour of bright pink. Cass burst into laughter.

"Interesting choice James." Sirius said, smirking.

"I know it was you!" James seethed. "You put this shite in my shampoo!"

"Me?" Sirius said, pointing to himself. "I would never do such a thing! I've been down here the whole time, haven't I Remus?" Remus looked at James, amused.

"Yes Prongs, he hasn't left the common room." Remus bit his lip to stop himself from laughing.

"Would you lot stop making a racket?" Lily huffed, coming down the girls staircase. Marlene and Dorcas followed her. She stopped as she saw James. "Nice hair Potter." She laughed. James went scarlet.

"Just you wait Sirius Black, just you fucking wait!" James hissed, storming off. The common room went silent as the heard the slam of a door, then laughter erupted. Sirius had toppled off of the sofa and was rolling about in the floor. Remus wiped a few tears from his eyes.

"That my friend, was genius." Remus said, helping Sirius back up.

"It was quite excellent, yes." Sirius said. "I won't be using my shampoo anytime soon, that's for sure."

"Well done Sirius, well done." Lily said, still in fits of giggles.

"Thank you Miss Evans, I take it it didn't boost your attraction towards him?" Sirius said. Lily shoved him.

"Bugger off you, Remus are you alright? McGonagall said we were excused form prefect duty last night." Lily said. Remus waved her off.

"I just had a killer headache, spent the night in the hospital wing." Remus said. Lily nodded.

"Cass, you coming to bed?"

"Nah, I'll be up in a bit." Cass said. "I believe I owe Sirius a game of wizards chess. Since he claims to be superior." She flashed a grin at Sirius.

"Oh it's on." Sirius said, whipping out a chess board out of nowhere.

"Okay, Goodnight then." Lily said. Rolling her eyes she walked away, muttering something that sounded a lot like 'idiots.'

•••

"Checkmate." Cass said, watching her queen slash Sirius' king. Sirius groaned loudly. Remus looked up from his book.

"Finally. Could you not have just accepted that she beat you the first time?" He said.

"No." Sirius said. "Another round?"