-93-

Cass ended up deciding she would go to Hogsmede. She had had a very in depth discussion about the pros and cons with the Marauders and they had overall decided it would be safe for her to go — as long as she stuck with someone at all times. On Friday night, Cass snuck Noah into the Gryffindor common room.

"Remind me again why we let you convince us to play Monopoly?" Cass asked as she handed Lily some money. Lily grinned.

"Because it's a fun game." She said. Cass, Alice, Dorcas and Marlene has all played the board game with Lily before — as she was a little obsessed — but James, Frank and Sirius had never even heard of it. Remus, Noah and Peter had been raised with muggle customs so they knew the rules.

"It is when you're winning." Marlene grumbled, also handing Lily money.

"Oh, are we winning?" James asked, scrunching up his face in concentration as he tried to wrap his head around the rules. Luckily, he was teamed with Lily, Sirius with Remus and Frank with Alice.

"Pathetic." Sirius scoffed. "You don't even understand the game and you're somehow winning? Remus, make us more money."

"How do you suggest I do that then?" Remus said. Sirius furrowed his eyebrows as he studied the game board.

"Looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't understand." James said smugly. Sirius leapt at him and tackled him to the ground. James yelped.

"Boys." Marlene muttered. "Well Remus, you've just gone bankrupt. Hand over your last 100 to me."

"Hear that Padfoot? You lost." Peter said. Sirius didn't appear to hear him, rolling about on the floor with James.

"Oh, honestly." Cass said, standing up and yanking Sirius off of the Potter boy by his hair. It was Sirius' turn to yelp as Cass dragged him back to his chair.

"Owie!" He whined, rubbing his head. "Not the hair Cassie." James straightened his glasses and sat back down beside Lily, casually throwing his arm onto the back of the sofa behind her.

"So have you led us to victory yet Evans?" James smirked. Marlene narrowed her eyes.

"If you don't shut up and let us get on with the game, I will ram this dice so far up your arse-"

"Marlene!"

•••

After they finished the game (which Dorcas ended up winning after an unlucky land from Lily and James), everyone retired to bed. Cass sat curled up against Noah in front of the fire, not quite ready to let him go yet.

"Love, I'd really better get going." Noah said. Cass pouted. "It's late. I'll be in enough trouble as it is if I get caught."

"Don't get caught then." Cass said. She looked up at Noah shyly. "You could- you could always just stay here."

"I'd rather not sleep on the floor love, it doesn't do wonders for my back." Noah said. Cass poked his chest.

"Don't be silly." She said. "I don't mean down here, I mean in my dorm."

"Oh?" Noah said, raising an eyebrow. "And how would I get up the stairs?" Cass smiled mysteriously and stood up, walking towards the girls stairs. She drew her wand and tapped three consecutive bricks at the side of the wall. A lever appeared.

"Like this." Cass said. She pulled the lever and a second, much narrower, staircase appeared alongside the original one. "Don't tell James about that one." She winked.