-105-

trigger warning, do not read until the next bold if you do not feel comfortable reading scenes of abuse

Cass felt herself lifted off the ground and flung against the wall. There was a sickening crack and blood poured from the back of her head. Cass whimpered in pain. Orion raised his wand and she felt the air knocked out of her body, she gasped for breath.

"S-stop. P-please." Cass gasped.

"Pathetic." Orion sneered.

Darkness clouded her vision as she struggled to remain conscious. Orion yanked her to her feet and shoved her into a chair. Cass struggled against his grip on her arms but he held her still. He hissed some spells and Cass felt like she was drowning. She couldn't breathe, she couldn't see. The blood was still falling out of her head. She fell limp, her eyes fluttering closed. Orion slapped her, bringing her back to consciousness. A broken cry escaped her lips.

"Incarcerous." Orion muttered.

Ropes sprouted from nowhere and bound Cass tightly to the chair. Orion turned his back on her and she struggled desperately against the thick ropes, but they only tightened. Orion turned back around with a potion in his hand. Cass' eyes widened as he advanced towards her.

"P-please." She croaked. She was sure that there must be poison in that bottle.

She pressed her lips tightly together as Orion shoved the bottle into her face. Orion held her nose until she was forced to open her mouth. He poured the potion down her throat. Cass coughed and spluttered, the potion burned her throat all the way down to her stomach. She gagged. Orion dropped the bottle to the floor, letting it shatter into pieces. The ropes around Cass fell to the ground and she was once again forced to her feet. She screamed as the sharp glass cut into her bare feet. 

"Silence." Orion spat. Cass' eyes watered as she was flung back against the wall. "Don't be such a pathetic little girl, that was a blood replenishing potion. We can't have you dying on us like the weak fool that you are. It would ruin everything we've worked for."

Cass was certain that there was something else in the potion because she had had them before, and they had never burned like that. She screamed again as spell after spell hit her, wishing that she could just close her eyes and never wake up. Her vision blurred slightly and then the darkness enveloped her.

•••

you can read comfortably now :)

Sirius woke with a start. He clutched his chest, which had a dull ache to it. He was feeling a small amount of Cass'  pain, not that he knew it. He had been doing so ever since she had left, feeling random spurts of pain whenever Cass felt a particularly strong surge.

"You okay?" Remus murmured sleepily. Sirius nodded.

"Yeah, go back to sleep." He whispered. Remus yawned and rolled over. Sirius knew that he would be exhausted as the full moon was the next evening. Sirius felt immensely guilty and he wasn't sure why. He got up from the bed, praying a cigarette would soothe his nerves.

"Padfoot?" James whispered from his bed, sticking his head out of the curtains. "You alright mate?"

"I'm fine. Go back to sleep." Sirius whispered. He could have sworn he saw a strand of red hair on James pillow but shoved it off as him being tired.

The curtains to James' bed closed again. Sirius picked up one of Remus' jumpers from the floor and slipped it over his head, it was too big for him as Remus was 6"3 and he was only 5"10, and a half. Sirius padded down the stairs to the common room, expecting to find it empty. He nearly jumped out of his skin as he saw Marlene sitting on the sofa, a book in her hand.