-23-

Cass, Lily and Remus were lying on the grass under a tree, they had just finished their last exam. "We're free!" Lily said. Cass smiled and propped herself up on her hand

"Last year of exams that don't really matter."

"Of course they matter Cass." Remus said.

"Nah, not like O.W.Ls and N.E.W.Ts do."

"I suppose." Remus frowned. Cass sighed contentedly and picked up her book. "Oh look, there's Sirius, James and Peter."

"For gods sake." Lily muttered. She started gathering her stuff and looked expectantly at Cass to do the same.

"Just stay Lily, don't be a dick." Cass said. Lily groaned. "It's about time you made up with James anyway." Remus nodded in agreement. Lily opened her mouth to say something.

"Hey guys." James interrupted. "Is it.. is it okay if we sit here?"

"Don't be a twat James. Of course it is." Cass said. Lily just nodded. James grinned and flopped down onto the grass.

•••

"Yeah, I'll catch up with you guys later I just need to get something from the library." Cass said, stopping to turn the opposite direction to her friends.

"Cool. See you later." Lily said, going back to her conversation with Remus. Sirius waited behind the group.

"Want me to come?" He said. Cass shook her head.

"I won't be long." She assured him. Sirius nodded and jogged to catch up to everyone else. Cass started walking towards the library. She was almost there when she was jerked behind a pillar. "What the..."

"Shh, it's just me." Avery said. Cass tensed but smiled at him.

"How was your last exam?" She asked.

"It went well I think." Avery grabbed her hand and pulled her into the nearest classroom. He didn't look in the best mood.

"What was it again? Potions?" Cass said. Avery was pacing now. She didn't even think he heard her question.

"It was transfiguration." Avery stopped pacing and made eye contact with Cass.

"Avery, what are you doing?" Cass said nervously, taking a few steps backwards.

"No Cass, what are you doing? I thought we were in a good place." Avery said. "I thought we were starting to understand each other."

"What? We are in a good place." Cass said, her voice rising a few octaves.

"If I can't trust you to behave, you'll just have to stay with me." Avery said through gritted teeth.

"What? I didn't do anything Avery. I swear."

"I saw you. With that dumb Potter boy."

"He's just a friend Avery." Cass said quickly. Avery took a few steps towards her.

"That's not what it looked like." He spat. Cass flinched.

"I promise." She said. Her heart was practically beating out of her chest.

"You're lying Cassiopeia. I can always tell when you're lying to me." Avery said, he stroked Cass' cheek. "He's not the only one I've seen you with. You're always with Lupin."