Prologue

Rory, Finn, Colin and Robert kept in touch after her graduation. She would meet up with them from time to time while she was on the campaign trail but no one knew how much she and one of the boys really saw each other. They tried to keep it platonic in the basic sense of the word. Both of them were not ready to ruin what they possibly had and she didn't want to ruin his friendships, that didn't mean that he didn't take her out on fancy dates or that they didn't hold hands, kiss and sleep in the same bed, although things did get hot and heavy from time to time, they never crossed that invisible line they made. This went on for years.

The boys were honest with Logan about keeping in contact with Rory, he was angry at first but after sometime he realized that, this way he could keep tabs on her.

Rory and her mystery man never made long term plans as to not be disappointed if one or the other couldn't come through. They both dated other people or so Rory thought... Rory had met Paul and started a relationship if you could call it that, mainly she just wanted to get everyone off her back.

Hamburg threw a wrench into her personal life. She ran into Logan, in some ways she was happy he was back in her life but it also meant she would need to give up her secret. Logan and Rory started a Vegas agreement... She broke it off with her mystery man but was still with Paul.

Rory regretted breaking it off him and not breaking it off with Paul, she really had no interest in him and he wasn't very memorable to say the least. A year into her agreement with Logan, the boys were around more and more. It comforted her but seeing the man she had, had an "emotional affair" with for 10 years tore her up, as she wasn't positive but seemed to bother him as well, things between her and her mystery man were strained. At times when it was just her and Logan she felt happy, she tried to believe she really was, though she constantly thought of her mystery man.

Neither of them spoke their feelings for each other. Rory didn't want to because she knew that he probably didn't have the same feelings for her, and to hear that would crush her. She still craved his company the way she felt with him was something she had only ever felt with him.

One day she was headed back from London and knew he would be in the city as he always was around this time of year so she decided to call him and ask if he would be willing to meet at their spot in a few days. He agreed but she could hear his hesitation, they hadn't been alone together in almost two years.

The thing she didn't know was that he was angry, he was angry that she went back to Logan he was angry that she was still with Paul but most of all he was angry that she didn't see that he had fallen in love with her.

He finally told her everything when they met. Rory was shocked to find out that he felt the same way as her. This confused her even more and without saying a word she left. In her confusion she ended up having her first one night stand. At this point she knew she had to completely detach herself from the boys, Logan and Paul. Rory felt she had royally messed up something that could've been her future.

It took her awhile to get enough wits about her to break it off, but when she found out Odette had moved in with Logan she tried to do just that and then one at a time say goodbye to everyone else, but her first attempt fell through when Logan showed up with the boys and took her on the ride of her life, Logan offered her, her own room but she went with him into his room thinking it was the right thing to do, but ended up sneaking out to see the man she really wanted to go with. Her and her mystery man finally crossed that invisible line and connected in a way they had never before and both wanted for a very long time, it was amazing but full of guilt at least on Rory's side. She was finally with the person she truly wanted to be with.

The next morning she was still riddled with guilt for denying Logan one last night and sneaking out to sleep with someone else. She was playing with fire and she knew it, she decided before she got really burned that it was really time to say goodbye and for good.

It broke her heart to say goodbye to Colin, Robert and Finn, especially the one she fell in love with but funny enough, saying goodbye to Logan felt completely right.

4 weeks later she is looking at a positive pregnancy test. Rory knew exactly who the father was...

Logan and she were always safe and the dates didn't add up, the Wookie (one night stand) was too long ago, her and Paul never had sex so that just left him...

My Mystery Man...