How Could You?

Rory and Finn were walking up the path of the Dragonfly when they spot Lane.

"Lane!" Rory shouts

Lane turns around shouting Rory's name and runs to her wrapping her arms around her for a big hug.

"What are you doing here?" Lane asks

"Well how about you come with us to talk to mom and you'll find out. Oh Lane this is Finn, you remember Finn? Did you ever meet Finn?"

"I've heard a lot about you but no I haven't I'm the best friend Lane." She says and stretches her hand out to shake his

"Yes, I've heard a lot about you too. I'm the boyfriend, Finn." He takes her hand and shakes it

"You guys are together now?!"

"Yes, a few weeks now."

"I was wondering if you guys would ever get your head out of the holes you dug. Tell me what did it?"

"I'll tell you a bit later, too many town people around." Rory says

"Okay... Wait... Are you?" Lane says as she gets a thought in her head

Rory nods with a big smile on her face.

"How many?" lane asks cryptically

"10."

"Oh my god, Rory. We have a lot to catch up on."

"More than you know, Come let's talk to mom."

--

Rory waved at the girl at the desk and went back to Lorelai's office. She swung the door open without knocking

"Rory! Twice in two days did I win the most wonderful mother award or something?"

"No we have to show you something, are you free?"

"We?"

Finn and Lane pop their heads in the room.

"Oh weeeee! Hey Finn, Hey Lane! I was just about to go for the day, so yes I'm free. What are you showing me? A new hip dance? Oh I know Taylor talked Kirk into doing something embarrassing again?"

"Just come with us!" Rory said

--

They began to walk in the direction of Rory and Finn's new house.

"Why are we walking out here? We could drive you know more than around town mommy considers exercise!"

"You'll see mom and you won't mind the walk."

Lorelai groans while Finn gives a small chuckle. Finn decided to let Rory take the glory in showing her mom and best friend the house.

They make their way up the path of the house and Rory turns around to face everyone pulling Finn to her side.

"Mom, Lane Welcome to our new house!"

"You bought a house?" Lorelai asks

"Yes I paid half, Finn paid half."

Lorelai goes rushing past them to the front door "Let me in, I want to see!!!"

Rory and Finn laugh and Rory goes to open the door, Lorelai rushes in and Finn is on her tail.

"You're moving 10 minutes away?" Lane asks

"Yes, we can still walk to meet up for coffee or whatever!"

"This is awesome Rory."

"Wait till you see inside."

--