New Jersey?

Over the next few days, Rory and Finn made their phone calls to the people they wanted to join them, everyone was happy for them and all would be sure to make it out. On Monday morning Finn got a call from his father he had been informed that there was a charity event on coming up on Saturday and that the Morgan family had been invited. Finn was curious as to what the charity was but Xavier held off till the last minute, explaining that it might be good for Rory and him to join but understood that if it was too hard, they didn't have to but it was a charity event for the Rainbow foundation.

Finn had no knowledge of what the foundation was but told his dad that he'd talk to Rory and get back to him. Hanging up he opened his laptop and looked it up it was very clear as to why it may be uncomfortable, it revolved around needy children.

He read through everything he could find on the foundation and it was completely about helping children not only in need of financial support but those who have detrimental illnesses, they were also a very religious organization.

Finn himself was not religious and he knew Rory wasn't either but this was much more than religion it was for the children. Finn was on board immediately but wanted to make sure Rory was on board.

--

After discussing the foundation and the upcoming charity event Rory was more than happy to go, it pulled at her heartstrings and she knew she had to do something. The event was being held in the New Jersey Convention & Exposition Center on Saturday evening so they needed to make it a weekend trip even though it was only a 3-4 hour drive she wanted to be well rested before.

--

They made plans to leave Thursday morning and return Sunday evening. Maya and Xavier would join them Thursday afternoon. It was to be a formal event being as the highest of society was putting it on so Rory and Finn went shopping to find the proper attire for the evening.

--

Finn found that they had no hotels near the area and to his dissatisfaction there weren't any he was happy with close by so he found a hotel about 45 minutes away and reserved two, two room suites. One for his parents and sister and one for Rory, him, Colin and April.

He was pleased to find out that the McCrea's had been invited too and called Colin right away. His plan was to surprise Rory and thankfully April could keep it quiet. Colin and April would head out Wednesday evening and already be in the room when Rory and Finn would arrive.

--

Their week went by fairly fast and Thursday morning they hit the road.

Rory was the happiest she had been in a while it wasn't just because of the proposal but it did help, after she lost baby Morgan, she felt as if she were lost and honestly like her life had lost some meaning but knowing Finn never blamed her and still wanted a future with her made those feelings fade away.

Rory and Finn sang and laughed to music on the radio almost the entire way to New Jersey.

They felt free spirted and happy.

Pulling into the hotel Finn grumbled, it was not like the pictures, it looked decent but run down at the same time. He hoped that the inside looked better than the outside.

Finn grabbed their bags, gave the valet the keys and they headed inside and checked in.

They were on the top floor of the small hotel and made their way up, it was definitely not like the pictures perceived, very cookie cutter and plain he thought back to one of the motels Rory had stayed in while she was on the trail, an old run down city center motel that had the same feel of this. On the elevator he texted Colin that they were almost to the room.