"MOM!!!"

Rory and Finn made it back home well past 11 pm; they spent hours talking about everything they needed to do to get things rolling.

"Finn, do you feel like taking a little walk?" Rory asked after they were both out of the car

Finn knew exactly why she wanted to talk a walk.

"A walk to go tell your mum and Luke? I would love to." he smiled

Rory smiled and looked at the time, it was late but she didn't care, she needed to tell her mom.

--

Rory quietly opened the door and let herself and Finn in, but the moment the door was shut and she took her heels of she yelled "MOM!!!!!"

Seconds later a half asleep Lorelai came stumbling down the stairs with Luke following. April was also half asleep walking in.

"What? What's the matter?" Lorelai said

"Oh nothing... It's just Finn and I went on a wonderful date this evening we talked about somethings, he asked me to marry him, we ate some delicious food and we are now just..." Rory explained rushing through to see if her mom caught it and sure enough Lorelai cut her off.

"HOLD ON! FINN ASKED YOU TO MARRY HIM?!" Lorelai yelled out

Rory excitedly started nodding her head; they started jumping up and down. Luke shook Finn's hand and April gave Finn a hug both congratulating him.

Lorelai suddenly stopped jumping and looked at Rory in the eyes. "I take it you said yes!"

"How could I not say yes to him, he is everything I've ever wanted." She says and looks at Finn sweetly

"As much as I love you for telling me, why did it have to be in the middle of the night?"

Before Rory could respond, Luke offered to make some coffee and headed off to the kitchen. Rory, Finn, Lorelai and April sat down in the living room.

"I needed to tell you right away, you mean everything to me and I wanted you to be the first to know."

"Well, I am happy for you kid. Finn, I know you will do right by her as you have been by her side through heartache and I couldn't be more thrilled, to have an exotic Aussie son-in-law." Lorelai laughs

"Well there is one other thing..." Rory said

"What is that???" Lorelai asked with a skeptical look

"I need you and Luke to take time off of work in two weeks for a week... Because we are going to be getting married in Australia..."

"That's quick!"

"What's quick?" Luke questions as he walks back in with a try of coffees

"It seems that Rory and Finn here are getting married in two weeks and in Australia..." Lorelai says

"I don't need to ask why so soon, because I know the answer but why away from your family?" Luke said with a bit of sadness in his eyes

"No, I want you all there. Luke could I speak to you alone?" Rory asked

Luke nodded. Rory stood and started to walk back into the kitchen with Luke following.

RORY POV

I pulled out a seat at the table and told Luke to sit down and took a seat myself.

"Luke, I want to ask you something but I don't want an answer until I am finished saying what I need to say..."

"Alright?"