Peace, Love and Joy P.1

April came over later that day and they spoke about Colin, April told Rory that he had invited her to have coffee and she hasn't responded yet, she wanted to but needed to get the low down on Colin before committing to a coffee date with him.

Rory told April about Colin, explaining that we was a really good guy, smart and well-rounded now that he is older, she told her that he had been in a on again off again relationship for years with a girl name Stephanie and he recently ended things for good, he hated the back and forth.

All in all April decided to agree to a coffee date.

--

When Rory spoke to Lane, she was hesitant. She admitted she liked Robert but wasn't in a place to start anything right now. Rory told her a little bit about Robert, not that she knew a whole lot as he's a bit mysterious but she told her what she could. In the end Rory asked her just to let him in as a friend , get to know him and when things calm down and she's ready to see where things go.

Lane agreed and decided it wouldn't be such a bad idea.

--

RORY POV

Its early Christmas Eve morning and I wake up after a sinful night of passion. I am so utterly happy it's almost sickening. I slowly turn around and watch Finn sleep.

I watch as his chest rises and falls with his lips slightly parted, his hair is a mess. The sight of him is something else entirely. I love this man with everything that I am.

Suddenly I remember I didn't go back out and find him something for Christmas. I curse myself before I quietly get up, throw on some clothes, pull my hair up and leave a quick note that I will be back soon, not to worry and I grab my phone, keys and purse and hope that I find a store that has something I think Finn deserves...

I drive over to the crap shack and run into April's room, she is still asleep.

"Hey, wake up... I need your help."

"What? What's wrong? Oh god is it the baby?" April shoots up and asks trying to open her eyes

"The baby is fine... I didn't get to go back out shopping so I didn't get Finn a gift. Get dressed; you're going to help me."

She looks at the clock.

"Rory its 7:30 in the morning, what do you think we are going to find at 7:30 in the morning?"

"First food and coffee then shopping."

"Fine, how cold is it?"

"Freezing."

"Okay, I'll meet you outside in 5."

--

Rory and April made their way to Hartford stopping at a Starbucks for coffee and something to eat while they wait for things to open.

--

4 hours later and 10 stores later, Rory finally came to the conclusion she wasn't going to find anything.

Just then she saw a store that may just be perfect, she walks in and pulls out something she has been carrying with her since her grandfather passed and asked them to engrave the back.

Rory and April go to eat while they wait for it to be done.

--

"Ror, are you sure, you want to give that to him?"

"Positive, I think it'll hold more meaning then anything I could just buy. I never thought about giving it to anyone but when it comes to Finn, I want him to have something that means so much to me."

"Ugh, you guys are so sappy."

"I couldn't agree more." I smiled

--

After Lunch and picking the item up, they headed back home.

--

Rory and Finn decided to have Christmas Eve at home just the two of them, since Christmas day everyone would gather at mom's for breakfast and presents, then they would have a small gathering of friends for a gift exchange before a small dinner with just Maya and Xavier. So they spent the night watching Christmas movies and eating Christmas themed food.

--

Christmas morning arrived and so did the mad rush to get all the presents in the car and make their way to the crap shack before Lorelai started calling everyone.

Rory and Finn were the first to arrive in their Christmas pajamas as requested by Lorelai. Emily came and of course refused to wear her pajamas but Lorelai talked her into changing into at least a Christmas sweater. Maya and Xavier showed up and where just as decked out as Lorelai, they were so much a like it was uncanny. Luke had a red and green plaid shirt and elf pajama bottoms and April was wearing Rudolf footie pajamas.

"Okay now that everyone is here let's get down to business and give me my presents!" Lorelai exclaims

"Really Lorelai, you can't wait?" Emily asks

"No! Now Gimme!" Lorelai says as she reaches her arms out grabbing the air.

"I'll pass them out, but I think everyone should take their turns opening them..." April says

"Fine but I go first!" Lorelai says

April passed out all the gifts; everyone had a pile of boxes. Lorelai was waiting impatiently until April finished.

"Okay, that was the last one."

"FINALLY!" Lorelai groans and starts ripping her packages open.

Luke got her a new to go coffee mug and earrings Liz made, Emily gave her a shopping spree, Maya and Xavier gave her and Luke a trip to Australia, Finn got her the new Keurig coffee maker and a huge supply of coffee and Rory gave her a sweatshirt that said World's Raddest Mom.

Everyone else went on to open their gifts, Rory and Finn were last.