Not Ready, Yet.

Although Rory and Finn had their moments of feeling sad both knew that they needed time for just them.

FINN POV

It was Wednesday evening, Rory was due home any minute from visiting her mom and I felt that tonight would be the perfect night to ask her how she felt about starting up Friday nights as date nights again.

Even though we had gotten over some hurdles we still had yet to really have time for each other and I want her to know she is still the most important thing in the world to me.

Rory walked in the door with a smile on her face and came over to me and gave me a kiss.

"Hey love, how was the Inn?"

"It's great. I have to call Maya though and see about that Pavlova recipe, Sookie tried her hand at it and although it was good it wasn't it."

"Oh I forgot all about that..." I said

"Me too."

Her phone began to ring and she said she had to take it that it was Jess, I nodded and she plopped down on the couch putting her feet in my lap, I take her shoes off and begin to massage her feet as she answers the call.

--

RORY POV

"Hey Jess, I'm guessing you got my text?"

"Yes I did. Send it over when you are ready and I'll have Chris do the editing..."

"Why can't you?"

"It's not my place Rory; as much as I would love to be the one to edit and publish I morally cannot, what I can do is have the other best man at Truncheon do it."

"Okay I get it... So... Are you still with, you know what you never told me her name?!" I asked trying to keep the conversation going...

"No, that I did not... her name is Samantha and yes we are still together and doing great."

"When am I going to meet this Samantha?"

"How about in two weeks? I will be in Hartford for work and she is coming with me."

"That would be great, I can't wait to meet the girl who captured your heart."

"If you say so... So how is the baby? How's Finn?" he asked

My heart sunk, how did he not get told, how was I suppose to tell him, tear threatened to fall.

"Rory?" he questioned

The flood gates opened and I started to bawl.

FINN POV

Rory was talking to Jess and in a matter of a second her face went from happiness to sadness. When she started to cry I took the phone.

"Hello?"

"Finn, what's going on, where's Rory?"

"She's right here... Can I ask what you last said to her?"

"I asked how you and the baby were, why?"

My eyes went wide "Oh..." I said with my voice cracking

"Finn? What's going on?"

"Give me a minute Jess let me get somewhere more private."

"Okay?"

I stood up and kissed Rory's forhead and headed to the back porch.

"You still there?" I asked

"Yes... I am totally confused here."

"Jess, we lost the baby about a month and a half ago." Tears were now rolling down my cheeks