5• Intricate

Bryson spoiled the shit out of me today. He bought me hella clothes and took me out to eat at Chili's. We're on our way home. In the car he just stared at me whenever there was a red light. He always does this and it's strange.

"What?" I asked.

"You're so beautiful Taylor."

"Thank you."

"Taylor, what do you think about me?" He asked awkwardly.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, how do you feel about me?"

"I don't know Bryson. I've only known you for a day..."

"Fair enough."

I thought about the sweater I'm wearing. "Wait, what happened to my other clothes? The ones I had on before this? Did you change me?!"

"Well no shit I changed you. You don't have anything I've never seen before except for an amazing body."

I didn't say anything back. What is there to say?

"When we get home imma need you to try the clothes on for me in case we need to take something back. Okay?"

I kept quiet.

"Okay Taylor?"

"Okay Bryson..."

• 10:12 p.m •

I threw on a crop top and skater skirt I picked out at Charlotte Russe and showed Bryson. He sat on an armchair rubbing his beard in a thinking manner while staring at me attentively.

"Think it looks a bit weird. I hate how skirts and crop tops look on me. I don't even know why I picked it up." I scoffed.

He didn't say anything. Bryson just stared at me, nodded his head and motioned for me to turn around and show him the back and finally spoke up.

"I think it looks great. You look great."

I shook my head. "No...no. I hate it."

"Taylor come here."

I waked over to him and he looked up into my eyes.

"What's wrong with it?"

I teared up and shrugged. "I don't know...I-I just hate it."

"I've noticed your lack of self confidence and self love. Why is that?"

"Can't tell you because I don't even know myself. Just had a traumatic school experience in middle school and it just stuck with me."

"We have to work on that don't we baby?" He wiped my tears with the back of his hand.

I nodded my head.

"Take a shower and change into the pajamas we bought. We'll try the rest on later."

"Okay."

I came back to the living room where Bryson was playing with a rubix cube.

"How is it?" He asked randomly.

"How is what?" I climbed onto the couch next to him.

"The pajamas. Are they comfortable? Do we need to get new ones?"

"No it's fine! They're very comfortable." I don't know how I feel about walking around him with shorts that come up my ass and a short sleeve shirt but I'm not lying to him.

"Good."

There was an awkward silence. I filled it in with a cough but he just looked at me like I was weird.

"Taylor I will never force you to do anything you don't want to do. I'm not here to make you uncomfortable even though you clearly are but I can't help it. I'm trying my best and I'm still learning. I only did what I did earlier to discipline you."

"I'm not your child. Who locks people in tight closets for two hours?"

"I know, I know, but it's coming from a place of love. We barley know each other yes but I care about your wellbeing."

"You're not understanding that this is not good for me psychologically. You obviously have a mental problem and you need to help yourself before trying to help others. What made you think I needed help?"

"You and I both know you need it. After seven years of rejection, bullying, being alone, etc. you need someone to take care of you. You're a selfless person, I don't know how you helped others so much when you were tearing yourself apart from the inside and had so many inner demons."

"How do you know this?"

"Remember that girl you were friends with in that one class? I forgot her name but I asked about you and she told me some things and I put two and two together."

"How long have you been talking to her about me?"

"Since I saw you on campus. When school started. You are a freshman. You just sparked my interest and I never built the courage to actually talk to you. You have a very..."

"...?!"

"A very intimidating face. That's one reason why people didn't approach you. Everyone thinks you're beautiful but just didn't know how to talk to you."

"I guess." I frowned.