10• If This Is Love

"Taylor don't fall asleep." He said repeatedly while speeding down the highway to the hospital.

   My eyes kept rolling to the back of my head. I literally have no energy left. My mouth was still bleeding and hurts like hell. Everything I said was a mess and slurred.
   Bryson stepped on the brakes taking more than one parking spot and carried me out running into the emergency room.

"HELP!" He yelled.

   Seven doctors emerged from the hallway and rolled me to a room. This whole thing was overwhelming. Everyone was saying something and you couldn't even hear anything they were saying.

"We need to run a CT scan!!!" One yelled over all of them. Concussions don't even call for all this. It's not like I got shot in the chest or something.

"You're overwhelming the patient! Everyone out!!" A female stepped into the room.

Everyone ran out but her.

"How are you feeling Taylor?"

"How do you think I'm feeling?"

She nodded her head and stepped out of the room.

• 6:05 p.m •

"She's free to go! But please watch over her." The doctor said to Bryson as I put my shoes on. "The seizures may come back so we'll give her a medicine card and she'll be fine with medical marijuana."

I smiled but quickly fixed my face when the Doctor turned around and smiled.

"You'll be fine Miss Taylor! Bryson will take great care of you!"

He smirked at me and I looked away. "Right..."

"I'll get the papers and you'll be free to go!"

On our way home Bryson kept smiling again.

"Why are you smiling so hard?"

"I'm not allowed to smile?"

"I really don't care what you do but it's creepy...I've said it before." I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Whatever. I'm glad you're okay. We better hurry and get ready for dinner with my co-workers. I'm catching all these red lights."

"Bryson are you serious?!"

"What?" He turned to look at me then looked back at the road.

"I literally just got out of the hospital! If we're late it's your fault! You did this!"

"But you're fine! Yeah seizures may be a problem now but you're okay!"

I can't believe this right now.

"I can't believe you Bryson! You're saying it like it's nothing to worry about. I won't even be able to eat because I bit the shit out of my tongue and there are cuts all over my mouth!"

"I totally understand but what you don't understand is-"

"No! Stop. I don't want to talk to you anymore. You're just..." My voice trailed and I ignored him.

"Taylor I didn't mean for it to come out that way. I'm sorry! You know I love you and it's my job to be a good boyfriend and make sure you're alright! Baby please." He rubbed my thigh and slowly crept to the middle. "Please."

I scratched his hand and he snatched it back.

"Fuck! See this is why you're going through all of this! Because you're a spoiled, moody ungrateful bitch! I can't stand you! I might as well just kill you myself because if I release you (I never will) you'll send cops to my house and I can't trust you like that babygirl!"

I stared at him in shock.

He smiled. "I'm just playing...you're not going anywhere. Not as long as I'm alive." He parked and kissed my cheek. John opened the door and we rode the elevator home.