45• Persuasion

• April 2, Friday •

Bryson locked me in the closet for the past couple of days. I've only had water and an apple I'm supposed to make last. I'm cramped in this tight space all over again. I'm not even as nervous as I used to be, I'm just keeping Xavier on my mind and trusting him.

Any day now.

   Every once in a while he'd open the door and toss a water bottle and fruit at me. When I had to use the bathroom, he gave me cheap, throwaway bowls to use and call me all sorts of names. I kind of find comfort in him doing these things, at least he's caring in his own way.

"BRYSON!" I screamed with the little bit of energy I had.

"What?"

"I'm sorry Okay? Please let me out, I can't feel anything but my head. Please?" I begged.

"I'll think about it."

"You said that last time and you always forget about me. I'm begging you."

"You're going to have to do something for me..." I can just see him licking and biting his lips.

"...No..."

"Then don't ask t-"

I interrupted him. "Is sex all you want from me?"

"Baby, you know I love more than just your body. If I just wanted something to fuck and feel on, I would've been inviting strippers over but I never did that. I'd never do that because I'm devoted to you. You're my girl. You're my everything and soon I'll be your everything too."

I closed my eyes and sighed.

"So do you agree to what I'll have you do for me if I let you out?"

"Yes." I said.

He unlocked the door and opened it slowly. The lights blinded me and I couldn't see anything but him picking me up out of the tiny space.

"You won't be able to walk for a little. Just know that when you regain your composure, you're paying me back."

I nodded my head and he put me down on the kitchen counter. I kept falling back and he just carried me to the couch.

"Do you feel sick?" He asked me as he wiped beads of sweat off my forehead.

"I don't know how I feel. Nauseous is the word...I think. I'm really cold and sleepy."

"Cold? You're sweating like it's 100 degrees in here-Ah shit. You're going into shock." He said nonchalantly. "Your pupils are huge and your skin is way lighter than usual. Lay down and put your legs up if you can."

•6:34 p.m •

I was back to normal within a few hours. I ate some actual food but my body kept rejecting it so now I'm just sitting next to Bryson and reading a book. The book is about a girl who's been treated badly her whole life and some guy in college comes and changes her life. It's kind of like a fairy tale, but realistic. I hope you're catching what I'm saying. Bryson would eye me every once in a while but I didn't pay him any attention.

"How is it?" He asked.

I looked up. "Hm?"

"The book. You like it?"

"Very much." I answered lightly.

"I knew you'd like it. I've only read it once but it was great."

I nodded my head wanting to go back to reading.

"I missed you girl...I think I learned a lesson while you were away. That saying 'you won't miss the water till the river runs dry.' Is true."