38• Half the Time

• 6:00 p.m •

"Welcome home!" Xavier cheered as we stepped into an apartment.

I put my bags down at the door and looked around in silence. The apartment was already furnished and beautiful.

"Do you like it?"

"Hmm." I tapped my chin.

"We're in L.A! What's there not to love?" He asked.

"No! I love it! I love this space but its the fact that we're just running instead of actually doing anything and that makes me even more anxious." I replied. "I know I should shake it off but it's just so crazy..."

Xavier tip toed over to where I stood and his arm wrapped around my waist. "I'm not going to say that you shouldn't worry or that you don't have to worry but we most definitely need to move forward. I've said it before, I won't let anything hurt you. I am the eyes in the back of your head. I'll be the one taking the bullets if shots are fired. Don't worry."

I nodded my head. "Alright..."

He looked me in the eyes.

"Taylor."

"Yes?"

"Can you look at me baby?"

My heart skipped a beat and I followed his directions. He leaned in and kissed me. Xavier smiled and I couldn't help but do the same.

"I missed you." He said.

"What? We've never met before."

"I know and that's the crazy thing. When I met you I felt that long-lost-friend vibe. It's weird but it's true. I just missed you." He hugged me.

I couldn't stop smiling.

"It's getting dark out. Let's go get some groceries and cook. Why do you want to eat?"

"I don't even know."

"You never know." He playfully elbowed me.

"Owww."

"That did not hurt. If you don't woman up..." He put all of our bags on the couch.

"If I don't?" I challenged.

He returned the smirk and licked his lips. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"You ain't 'bout it."

"I'm not?" He walked over and looked down at me.

I shook my head. "Mm mm."

"We'll just order something to eat. Take off your shoes and go to the room down the hall to the left."

I followed directions and waited.

I heard his belt unbuckle and my heart started beating out of my chest again. The door opened and he slid my panties off. His breath hit me and I shivered.

"Keep talking shit. Say what you were saying a little louder."

"You, Xavier. Ain't. 'Bout. Shit. You're. All. Tal-"

He stuck his tongue in me interrupting what I was saying and my eyes immediately rolled to the back of my head. He stopped and grabbed car keys that been on the nightstand.

"Let's go eat."

"NO-why did you stop?!" I shouted.

"I'm hungry!" He whined.

"You were already eating baby boo!" I shrieked.

He laughed loudly. "And I enjoyed every second but Chinese is calling my nameeeee."

I pouted.

"Baby don't be like that."

I crossed my arms and turned away from him.

"Damn. You're really gonna be like that. I can continue after we eat. You're acting like that was the last time I'll ever eat-"

"It doesn't matter!!!"

"You're so inpatient. I'll have to teach you patience too. You really want it Taylor?"

"Yes!"

"Alright. Lay down back down." He said.