37• Take My Place

• March 28, Sunday •

Xavier sat next to me in the airport waiting for our flight. My hands we shaking, I didn't eat anything this morning and I'm panicking. I feel like he's going to come out of nowhere and take me.

"Tay..."

The room began to spin and my eyes laid heavy. Xavier quickly grabbed a water bottle and I took several sips.

"Chill out. Slow down. I told you to eat before we left!" He scolded while pulling salt and vinegar chips out of his Nike bag. "This is the only salty thing I have unless you want some Ritz."

I took the bag of chips and thanked him with a thumbs up.

He sighed. "You have to help me take care of you. This is hard Taylor. It's hard doing everything."

My heart sank and I automatically felt a blanket of guilt cover me.

"I'm-im so sorry." I croaked. "I just don't know how to help myself."

"I'm in the process of teaching you. Just basic things, I know you know the basics, lil mama."

"I guess. Basics could mean anything to anyone."

He sat there and starred into space before saying anything. "You're right. Taylor I wanna tell you something about myself."

I gave him my undivided attention. "Yeah?"

He took a deep breath. "Alright..."

"If it's taking you that long it's probably something you shouldn't say..."

"No, no, no. I just wanna talk. This is something I've never told anyone. You're a great listener and I really wanna get this off me."

"Well then spill." I answered back.

"Just a few months ago I went through a lot of shit. Couldn't pay for college anymore so I dropped out, the bank started fucking with me, started smoking weed again-I was never sober and I burned money like it was nothing. I bought $400 watches and shoes thinking it'd make me feel better but I realized how I was tearing myself apart."

"That's a lot. Reminds me of my high school career."

"I dropped a good girl for a girl that only wanted clout. Since I barley had money and spent it on expensive things, i didn't eat, I wanted the baddest Girl by my side. I dropped a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful woman for a shallow bitch that was only cute on the outside. At the time, I didn't realize that but now I do and you reminded me of that good girl."

"That's some crazy stuff Xavier. I would've never known. You look so well put together."

"Yeah But I'm really going through a lot. I was raised a perfectionist. I still blame my parents. They made me my own worst enemy." He said.

"We have so much in common. We need to look out for each other."

"Of course. You know we deep." He smiled. "Taylor."

"Hm?"

"I know this-" He scoffed. "Fuck. Taylor I know this is early but I love you. With all my heart, I'd do anything for you. I love you so much. We had an emotional connection from the jump."

"We did. You're right and I love you too. I'm looking out for you just as much as you're looking out for me."

I laid my head down on his shoulder.

"I love you Xavier...just don't hurt me okay?"

"I'd never."