41• Lately

• 10:15 p.m •

¨Wait, wait, wait.¨ I said pushing his hand with the gun down.

¨Why are we waiting?¨ Xavier asked.

¨Because killing someone is never the answer. Do you want to go to jail!? Because thats whats going to happen if you want to keep acting on impulse.¨

¨Im not acting on impulse!! He knows something. I dont know if he knows if you're here but I cant risk that. He has some information obviously.¨

I shook my head. ¨I just dont want anything crazy to happen.¨

¨Its all good. Everything is up to me.¨

I shrugged. ¨Unfortunately.¨

¨What is that supposed to mean?¨ He walked up to me with his face an inch away from mine.

¨It'means youre not making the right decisions and you need to straighten the fuck up.¨

¨Alright then, since im not making the right decisions, what do you have in mind, bold one?" He asked passive aggressively.

¨I never said I had something in mind. All im saying is that your idea is not the way to go. Dont be so sensitive, its just not smart.¨

"We'll see." He loaded the gun. "Don't open the door for anybody and make sure the lights are dim." He walked out.

"Xavier!!!" I called out to him but he was already in the elevator half a second later. I cursed under my breath.

Well since I'm here and hungry. I might as well cook something to take my mind off of what is potentially about to happen.

   He's not thinking straight. He's not high or under any kind of influence. He has to be just frustrated.
   I turned the Tv on and watched one of my favorite shows. Star was my shit back in college, watching it now doesn't feel the same.
After I finished watching TV, I listened to Mount Kimbie on Xavier's beats pill and other iPhone. This phone is kind of like a house phone, he keeps it around for me.

I do miss him very much.

I sat in the couch all kinds of way. I even rolled on the floor for some kind of entertainment. Didn't get much out of it but it did pass time-seconds more like it.

I'm closing my eyes. I can't. My eyes are starring at the wall but it's like my eyes are closed. It's so blank. I might as well be asleep.

The phone rang and I picked it up knowing it was Xavier.

Xavier: Are you Okay?
Me: I'm fine. Are you okay?
Xavier: Uh yeah...! I'm going to be home before you know it. I'm halfway across town. I know you can't be left alone for too long. I'm going as fast as I can.
Me: Be careful. Take your time.
Xavier: Of course. What are you doing?
Me: I'm cooking and listening to music.
Xavier: Cooking huh? You think you're doing a good job?
Me: I'd like to believe so.
Xavier: You always do great. We'll see when I get there.
Me: Okay. See you soon.
Xavier: Alright. Bye, I love you.
Me: I love you too.

I hung up and the music resumed. He's such an amazing person. I've never met such a selfless person. I'll give him anything and don't have to worry about him taking it for granted or taking advantage of me. I love him so much. I want him to be in my life forever.