39• Like I've Always Done

• 7:04 p.m •

I laid in the bed trying to get myself together.

"Xavier we didn't even get to go to the store." I whined.

"Well you already got something instead." He smirked. "You sore already?"

I snickered and threw a pillow at him. He caught it and touched my inner thigh. I flinched.

"Yeah you beat." He said.

"Do you see how red those hickeys are?!" I continued to whine.

"You'll be fineeee." He kissed my shoulder. "Now you know if you ever talk shit, catch an attitude or anything-"

I interrupted him and mocked him. "You gon get the pipe ma. Yes, yes, yes, I know now."

"Good." He wrapped his hand around my throat and went up to caress my cheek.

I looked him in the eyes.

"Imma treat you right baby girl. I'm going to love and appreciate you. I'll protect you. You need that and I need you. What do you say?"

I kissed him and stuck my hand down his boxers.

"Not now Baby." He laughed and pulled my hand out. "We gotta eat. We lost hella energy."

"I'll order." I grabbed a random phone book and dialed the nearest joint. "Yes can I have two orders of shrimp fried rice, egg role and lemon pepper chicken...delivery...Alright $20.01."

I gave them our address then I hung Xavier's phone up and gave it to him. "That's a little expensive b-"

"Nah its all good. Listen for the doorbell. Imma take a shower."

He grabbed a towel and wiped himself off of me with a smile.

"Join me if you down for another round."

I laughed. "Tempting but I gotta listen for the doorbell, remember?"

"Aite, aite, aite." He slid into the bathroom and ran the water.

There was a knock at the door and I stopped breathing. There's no way in hell-

Knock, knock.

I ran to the bathroom.

"Xavier someones at the door." I semi-yelled over the running water.

"Well open it. That was fast wasn't it?"

"That's the thing. It hasn't even been 5 minutes."

"Just ignore it."

"They keep knocking."

He groaned. "Imma be out in a little bit."

After a few more minutes, Xavier wrapped the towel around his waist and went to answer the door. I sat in the room sweating bullets.

"Hey...Nah it's just me in here...I don't even know you nigga...yeah...I don't know anyone by that name...fuck off my dick...thanks bro." The door slammed and his eyes were wide open.

"What?" I asked. "What happened?"

"N-nothing. Come here. Let's play uno, that's our favorite game anyway isn't it?"

"Xavier-"

"I said I got you! Chill out. You worrying isn't going to make anything better. Put your trust in me."

I took a deep breath.

"Whatchu wanna watch though?" He grabbed my hand and led me to the living room.

"I wanna watch a horror film."

He made a face. "Horror? You're not gonna get scared?"

"It's not like I haven't been through worse." I plopped down on the couch next to him and curled up on his lap.

He sighed and grabbed the fire stick. "Right..."