23• Folie à Deux

• 4:36 p.m •

"Reverse back to me, skip you, uno, pluck four, uno out." I said with duck lips.

Bryson sucked his teeth and threw the cards down.

"Swear to god you always doing something! I don't even wanna play uno with you ever again. Cheating ass." He complained.

I shrugged and laughed. "Hurt as fuck!"

The door bell rang and Bryson jumped up to get it. I heard a female voice and hushed voices.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"No one." Bryson said.

"Who is that?!" I heard the voice say.

"Nothing damn!" Bryson answered.

"Are you serious?! You're doing this again?! I've done nothing but love you and bend over backwards!! How the fuck could you?!" She started hitting his chest and Bryson looked at me with a smile. I returned it with a fake smile and he stepped out and closed the door behind him.

They started talking loud enough for me to hear.

"19?! You left me...? For this child?! This college student?!?! I'm a lawyer!"

I picked up all the cards and put them on the shelf.

"I know who you really are. Go home! We're busy."

"Busy? Oh God Bryson! You haven't slept with her have you?"

"Get the fuck out of my business. Go find a husband and stop chasing me." He closed the door and came back with a smile on his face. I returned it.

"Who was that?" I asked innocently.

He shook his head. "A distraction. What you wanna do?"

"Why are you always lying to me?"

"Lying?! That was a distraction."

I sighed. "I guess, alright."

"Taylor."

"I said alright."

"No. You know I love you and there's no reason for me to lie." He said.

"I believe you. Let's just move on. You want me to beat you at uno again?"

He laughs loudly. "Beat me? I know I said I'd never play with you again but you trying me like I can't beat you."

"That's what I did and you can't do it." I boasted.

"Let's see how you do without trains and doubles."

"PFFFT! I'll beat you, AGAIN!"

After our heated uno match, we sat on the couch watching the first Harry Potter movie.

"Bryson we need friends and I need sun."

"Friends and sun?" He asking while watching the TV closely.

"Yup. I have no social life anymore and I look sick, so make somethin' shake."

"Make something shake?" He questioned.

"Make something happen Bryson!! God!" I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Alright, Alright, Alright!" He gave in. "It's been cloudy lately so you haven't really been missing out but this week it should be sun with some clouds."

"As long as there's something in the sky."

He laughed. "There always will be something. I'm bored as hell though. Coffee or frozen yogurt."

"Ummmmmmmm..." I tapped my chin. "Boba tea."

"If that's what you want. Let's go Princess."