46• My Private Dungeon

"Yeah." I said dryly. "I guess so..."

"What's wrong baby girl?"

"Nothing. You keep asking the same question and it's gonna be the same answer. Stop waiting for something different because you'll be waiting for the rest of your life."

"You're worth the wait." Bryson forced a smile.

I rolled my eyes. "Can you please just leave me alone? I don't want to be around you right now."

He nodded his head and got up from the couch. "I understand. It's been a long couple of weeks for you, I'm not upset."

Once he left the room I took a deep breath.

Where did this man find me in the first place?

My head hurts like no other and my breaths are shallow. I think I need some rest. At least I'll be able to sleep knowing there isn't some crazy man looking for me.

Love Is Only a Feeling by HOMESHAKE played faintly in the background from his room. My eyes watered but I had to remind myself that I'm the victim. This is just what he does, he's manipulative.

The music stopped after however long and I heard him sigh.

"Bryson."

"Yes?"

"Just know that I'll always hate you for this. Even if one of us die. Just know that I hate your guts. I hope you kill yourself. Just know...that I'll never love you..."

He nodded his head and gulped. "Even-even after everything we've been t-"

"Yes. It means nothing to me. You took me away from everything that I have ever loved, everything I've worked so hard for."

"Taylor. I'm something that you love. You're not in your right mind. You're tired."

"I know what I'm talking about!" I shouted. "Stop acting like I'm crazy! Stop acting like I owe you something! I owe you NOTHING!"

"You're hurting me Taylor..."

"Do you know how many times you've hurt me?! You wanted me back! Here I am!! This is what you're going to get you bastard."

"I'm not a bad person!" Bryson exclaimed. "I remember when you were in class talking to a friend. You said that you needed someone to love you and take care of you and I needed someone to love. You'd always talk about how lonely you were and how you just needed someone to listen to you. You also said that some things happened to you in middle school that fucked you up and I can relate! How could you blame me for falling for you? We have so much in common! I wanted to be everything you wanted me to be! So many times I've tried to say something to you but it was like I wasn't your type. I meant to ask you to the movies, I sat down next to you when you were feeling down. We talked a little and you started cheering up. Right before I could ask you screamed at me for calling your friend a fake. I know you hate me, I hate me too!"

"You can't love me if you don't love you." Bryson just proved my point.

"That's not true. You taught me how to love. If I didn't love you or didn't know how to love you, we wouldn't be in this situation and I wouldn't have took the time to get to know you."

I turned away as tears poured out of my eyes.

"Oh don't start crying now." He scoffed. "I didn't know you had such a strong hate towards me."

"I didn't mean it..."

"Wowwww. Really? Whatever, shut the fuck up. I've already heard enough."

"Bryson I mean it."

"You meant it too when you said that you hate me. I caught the real you slipping. Just go to sleep. I poured my heart out and you don't even understand how hard it was for me."

I moved closer to him and he turned his back on me.

"I should've kept you in that closet. No wonder you're lonely. You don't know what's good for you."

"Locking me in closets is what's good for me? Beating me, banging my head on the floor and sink and choking me out is what's good for me?!"

He climbed on top of me and kissed me.

"It's to discipline you but it's obviously not working. I claimed you. You're mine. Do you understand?"

I looked into his eyes and saw a flame I've never seen before.

I nodded my head. He smiled and pulled my pajama shorts down.