40• Set It Off

Bryson's POV

"What do you mean??!" I yelled over the phone. "Did you check his apartment?...I don't care if you don't have the right to! I need to find her! Do you understand that I'm on the edge of ending my life?!...no! I don't think so! I will put a bullet in your head and then mine!...That's what the fuck I thought. Get off my phone."

I hung up and threw my phone down on the couch.

I swear on everything, I'm on the verge of crying, throwing shit and what not. I'm hurt as fuck and pissed off as you can see. I've never reacted like this. My heart literally hurts again.

My phone rang again and I picked up.

"What?...that's all you know?...well yeah I kinda figured! She's smart! There's no way in hell she'd stay in the same state! Thanks for stating the obvious....I'm too stressed out to work! How the fuck are you going to come after me and you know exactly what the fuck has been going o-"

He hung the phone up and I screamed.

End of Bryson's Point of View

I can feel Bryson breaking down right now. I never realized how connected we are. We feel each other's pain and emotions. Even when he was hurting me, he felt it and he only did it because he loves me.
   How selfish am I?! I left him alone with his emotions when all he's ever done is love me. Xavier is the enemy! Why am I just now realizing this?!! Xavier doesn't actually care about me, not like Bryson. He only wants me for the sex.

"Baby are you paying attention?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Wow...Alright. That's all imma get? Attitude?"

I shrugged. "It's up to you."

"Taylor."

I ignored him.

"Where is this coming from?" He paused the movie.

"You."

"What did I do? Did I say something? OH! Did I say something some type of way? I know my tone of voice can-"

"No." I interrupted him. "Whatever. You're talking too much. Can we just finish this movie and be done?"

"Woah, woah, woah. Hell nah! What's up with you?! Real shit, I don't get it."

I pressed my legs into my chest and buried my face. "I'm so sorry. Never mind. I'm trippin'."

"Yeah I know. I noticed how you were just zoning before I asked if you were paying attention. What was going on in your head?"

"Bullshit." I chuckled. "I really thought you were the bad guy and Bryson was the good guy. I just got used to him, hitting me being a sign of praise. Whenever he would hit me, it made me feel wanted...and I know I've said it numerous times but it's all I know. It's probably just some..." My voice trailed.

He nodded his head. "I understand completely. You're a smart girl. You know what he's doing and you know it's not good."

"Right...I feel like we need to do a little more. Moving across the country isn't enough."

"How? What do you have in mind?" Xavier asked.

I sighed. "I don't know. We just need something to happen okay? ASAP!"

He pulled a gun from under the couch cushion. "You right."