22• On Everything

He sighed and scratched his beard. "A couple of guys at some bar put some shit in your water. You kept complaining and saying that you don't do alcohol so they spiked your drink. I was at a table watching and listening even though the music was enough to make everyone deaf. You took a sip of the water and I couldn't believe what was happening. I only see shit like that in movies. The guys went outside to I guess make a plan. I had to take you. I was the only one that was going to do it. I took you from New York and brought you here to Philadelphia. I felt some connection. Even if you were passed out the whole ride and you never noticed me before. I only had good intentions, I just wanted to be there for you like no one was for me. I just want to be your caregiver...I never meant to hurt you. It's just the way I was taught. We're both misunderstood and I believe our connection is coming from that."

My eyes softened and I unlocked the door and sat down on the floor next to him. He looked away and blinked away his tears.

"I don't think I'll be able to let go of you. Call me crazy like you usually do but it's the truth and I've got nothing but love for you. Even though you piss me off and make me so angry, it's out of love."

I flew into his arms and hugged him. He hesitated but I gave him permission to touch me.

"I don't know if this is one of your mind games but I feel for you. I completely understand. I'm just like you but I'm not angry. It's just hurt I guess. The way we express ourselves is weird. It's the same thing but different at the same time. I don't know if I'm making sense."

"You are and it's time for change. I won't ever take my anger out on you. From now on, I swear to God I'm treating you like the Queen you are. I don't have the right to control you, to put my hands on you, force you to do anything or talk like you owe me. This is coming from my heart and I mean it. I'm done."

His hand was in my hair and I think he really meant it. You can can tell by the tone of voice.

"Do you really mean it?" I asked.

"On everything Taylor. I do love you. I don't want you to feel like I hate you or I'm just using you for my pleasure. I want to make you happy, I want to make you smile, I want to make you laugh and I want to take care of you. You never had that so I'm going to give it to you."

I've got to be dreaming. Everything he's saying is the opposite of what he's been showing me.

"Wow, this is all coming from Bryson Tiller." I giggled.

He chuckled and took a deep breath. "And it's true."