Stark's dance

Chapter 1
•••
•••
•••
"Prince James?", a voice asks in front of the door and Bucky sighs deeply. "One minute, Michael", he answers and puts down his book. He takes one of many gloves his father has made him wear ever since the car accident five years ago and puts it on. 'Nobody shall see, that you got yourself injured this badly just two weeks after you came back from the army.' Fucking asshole. His friend enters the room and some servants follow him.
"I trusted you, you idiot", Bucky chuckles and stands up. He walks over to the window as the servants lay out different suits for him. Michael takes a seat in one of the armchairs and grins. "I like the pink one", he says and the brunet laughs. "Oh dear, no. I'd rather keep it simple", Bucky answers and takes a formal, white button-up and a black bowtie. "It's the first time you're attending an event since your accident, and you want to dress discreetly?", Michael asks, he knows what really happened.
"Exactly, I don't want unnecessary attention", Bucky smiles and goes to his dressing room. He quickly changes, only stopping to take a regretful look at the glistening metal arm, and ties the bowtie thoughtfully. He walks back into his bedroom and simply points to a black suit. The servants put the others back into his closet and leave. "As if I couldn't have done that myself", he grumbles and Michael starts laughing.
"But your highness, how could we expect you to spend long time contemplating about what to wear", he says in a bad accent and Bucky chuckles. "Go, you still need a suit yourself", the prince of Hydra answers. "I'm already wearing one", Michael complains, but his friend pushes him towards the door. "It looks hideous", Bucky says and closes the door behind him. He walks back to the window and looks over the huge garden. "I don't even want to go... Just because I have to take over next year", he mumbles annoyedly.

"Steven, come on", his mother says softly and knocks on her son's door. "Mother, please, you know that I don't want to", the blond answers and looks at the green suit carefully placed on his bed. "Steve, your father can't go, you need to go as male representative", Sarah insists and enters his room. "You've come so far, thanks to Dr. Erskine. You've always been such a good young man and we're so proud of you. And now, we need you to take your father's place until he feels better", she says and reaches up to cup his face in her hands. "I know... I know, I'm sorry", Steve answers. He looks at the silver pin on his mother's dress, an eagle looking remotely similiar to a shield, and sighs.
"But most people still know me as the scrawny boy I was before this. I don't want the attention, that's why I stayed in for so long." Sarah smiles and pats his arms assuringly. "It's one time, Steve, I'll do all the talking. You could've at least shaved", she says grinning and nods toward the suit. "Now it's too late, mom", Steve grins. "Get dressed, dear", she answers.
Steve nods and waits until his mother left the room to change into the suit. He looks out to the frontyard and sighs. "I'd rather keep hiding here", he sighs and straightens his tie. He looks at the clock and walks downstairs silently. "You look wonderful", Sarah says as they walk to their car. "You only say that, because I'm your son. I look ridiculous", he chuckles and opens the door for her.

Bucky puts on his suit and adds a white pocketsquare. He looks at himself in the mirror, nobody could even assume his physical situation. "Are you ready, Jimmy?", his sister asks, leaning in the doorframe. "Goodness, Becca, please don't call me that", he answers and chuckles. "I'm sorry, come on", she grins and takes his left hand. "Your dress is beautiful, Rebecca", he says and smiles genuinely.
"Thank you, Bucky. And apart from your overly nervous expression, you look quite handsome as well", she answers teasingly. "You know perfectly well how uncomfortable I am around people. Especially so many. But thanks", James answers. "Only since you crashed your car. Come on, you've been such a womanizer and this is nothing you should be ashamed of", she replies and squeezes his hand gently. "I'll try to lay it off tonight, but only for you, little sister", he jokes and she punches him lightly. "Good", she says curtly and pulls him out of his room and downstairs.
"Tell me again why you chose the fourth floor?", she pants and Bucky chuckles. "I can see and hear everything from up there. And most people leave me alone", he answers. They reach the garage and he climbs onto the backseat of the large jeep. Bucky starts trembling and slides to the far left, while Rebecca lets their mother in first. "James...", she whispers softly and takes her son's hand. "We won't drive long, and we chose the most careful driver we have. I know, you don't like it, but I can assure you that you don't have to be nervous."