Family and Travel

Chapter 27
•••
•••
•••
The next days go by quickly and the pair spends most of the time in either the arts room or the garden house. "I can't believe that you're going home tomorrow morning", Steve says suddenly while they are reading again. "And over to Norway tomorrow evening", Bucky mumbles and glances up at his boyfriend from where he's resting his head on Steve's lap. "What a life", the blond smiles and strokes through Bucky's hair. "I'll call you when I arrive, yes?", James asks and grins slightly.

"Yes, please", Steve nods and lays his book down. "It's getting dark." "Yeah", Bucky says and yawns. "I know." They walk back to the castle and towards the living room. "Steve?", Bucky asks, squeezing the blond's hand slightly. "Hm?", Lehigh's prince hums. "I love you", James says and pulls Steve around to kiss him. "I love you too, Buck", the blond mumbles, deepening the kiss. "What do we have here?", Eleanore says loudly behind them and they flinch, moving away from eachother.

"Oh god, grandma. Don't scare us like this", Steve laughs. "I'm sorry, Steve. I just had to do it", Eleanore answers, smiling. "A little more than two weeks and it won't have us jumping anymore", Bucky grins. They enter the living room together and decide to watch a movie. Just as the opening plays out, they are joined by Steve's parents. Bucky leans onto Steve carefully and they end up lying on the couch together while watching. Shortly after the movie ends, the couple goes upstairs.

"I'm gonna miss you", James whispers, holding Steve gently. "I'll miss you too, James", the blond mumbles, causing the reaction he aimed for. "Oh baby, I know", Bucky hums into his ear and starts smirking. "I guess, this would be a proper goodbye, huh?", he adds lowly. "Yeah", Steve breathes and turns around in the embrace. They start making out, kisses getting deeper and deeper. Their shirts hit the ground and a while later they're lying next to eachother, slightly out of breath.

"This must be the best goodbye I ever had", Steve says and Bucky chuckles lightly. "Same here. Some get close, but not nearly close enough", James answers and caresses Steve's chest. "Can I... keep your shirt until Thanksgiving?" The blond looks over at his boyfriend and smiles. "My favorite shirt?", he asks and strokes through Bucky's hair again. "Mhm", the brunet hums. "Sure", Steve says happily. "Okay, thank you, Stevie", Bucky smiles and kisses his neck.

"Of course", Lehigh's prince answers and pulls him closer. "You've got a long day tomorrow, we should sleep." "Yeah... Good night, sunshine", James mumbles, feeling Steve's skin on his makes him feel safe. "Sleep tight, honey", Steve whispers. They fall asleep together and wake up to their alarms blaring. "Oh man", Bucky groans and turns his phone off. "Steve? You awake?" "Yes", the blond yawns and sits up. "Alright", Hydra's prince smiles and kisses him.

Bucky stands up and walks to the bathroom to get ready. "I'm just glad that the security has to keep up to me this time and I won't have to drive slow", he chuckles as he walks back into the room and puts on a sweater. "Just be careful, yes?", Steve says and catches the boxershorts Bucky throws to him before standing up. "I don't want you to end up in the hospital again", he adds and hugs his boyfriend. "I'll be careful", James assures him.

They eat breakfast together; the rest of Steve's family isn't awake yet. "Good morning, your highnesses", someone says and they look up curiously. "Nathan", Bucky smiles, recognizing their best driver. "I'll help you with the luggage in ten minutes, okay? I just wanna finish my coffee first. Do you want one?", Hydra's prince asks politely. "No, thank you, Prince James", Nathan says and leaves the room again. "Are you always this polite?", Steve asks smiling. "Usually", Bucky answers.

Half an hour later Bucky and Nathan packed his luggage into the car and Bucky is in Lehigh's castle's garage, putting his motorcycle gear on. "You look so handsome in that uniform", Steve says and hugs him gently. "Thanks, Stevie", James smiles and kisses him. "You have to tell your family goodbye from me. I don't want to wake them just for this", he adds. "Don't worry, I will", Steve says, leans his forehead on Bucky's shoulder and sighs.