Not Again

Chapter 33
•••
•••
•••
They make out and Steve is about to remove Bucky's hoodie, when someone knocks. They freeze and look towards the locked door. "Who is it?", Bucky asks. "Do you really need to ask?", Rebecca answers. Hydra's prince stands up, pushing Steve down onto the bed in the process, and goes to open the door. "What do you want?", he asks as his sister squeezes past him. "Silence", she says and sits down in the armchair.

"Then why did you come here?", Steve asks and sits up to look at her. "Because our parents are discussing... Or, well, everyone is discussing with Dad", Rebecca answers and sighs. "Because of us", Bucky whispers frustratedly. His sister turns to face him. "Not directly... He's afraid that, uhm, that you'll marry. He thinks that that would ruin Hydra", she replies. "As if a marriage could ruin Hydra more than the war did", James says bitterly.

"That was Mom's argument, too", Rebecca says. "I didn't wait for an answer, though. I just left. Couldn't stand it anymore." "Understandable", Bucky mumbles and sits down on his bed. "Maybe I should go downstairs." His sister and boyfriend look at him confusedly. "So he can hit you again, no way", Steve protests and lets himself fall into Bucky's lap. "Let them discuss, it's not our problem. We'll marry, when we feel like it."

The brunet laughs and brushes his fingers through Steve's hair. "I hope so", he grins. "You should really stay here. Dad's incredibly angry", Rebecca adds and sighs. "That just makes me want to go even more", Bucky says and shakes his head. "Will you let me?" Steve and Rebecca exchange a look, then nod. "Fine, but we'll come with you", Lehigh's prince says and kisses Bucky after standing up. "I can live with that", James answers and reaches out for Steve.

The blond pulls him off the bed and chuckles. "You're lazy." "You didn't have to help me", Bucky smiles and goes to put on a pair of jeans. He slips on some sneakers and stretches slightly. "Alright, lets do this", he says. The group of three goes downstairs, hearing the discussion in the living room before they even reach the ground floor. "Holy shit", Steve mumbles and takes Bucky's hand. "You're not-" "Wearing a glove, yes. I don't care", James says.

Hydra's prince enters the living room first, Steve and Rebecca behind him. "I'm sorry for disturbing", he says as the room falls silent, "Go on, we just don't want to go uninformed." His mother looks at him and smiles briefly. "Good morning, James. Steve", she says. "Morning", Bucky answers calmly and pulls Steve towards one of the sofas. "You cannot simply interrupt a discussion, James", Alexander says, clearly trying to hide his anger. "Too late", Bucky replies.

Alexander takes a step towards his son, but stops due to the glare his wife grants him. "We were about to end the discussion anyway", Winifred says sternly. "Because the majority of us is positively convinced that you are supposed to live your lives as you wish." "Good thought", Rebecca smiles. "I don't-", Hydra's king says and now has everybody in the room glaring at him. "My apologies, but we don't care", Joseph says.

Later that morning, Bucky plays Steve's favourite song for him, as promised. "Sounds beautiful", Steve smiles and slides onto the chair to hug his boyfriend. "Thank you." "Anytime", the brunet answers and eases into the embrace. "Would you want to marry? I mean, so soon that my father would still live to see his pathetic nightmares come true?", he asks. "Maybe", Lehigh's prince answers with a shrug. "It'd be amazing, though. To see his reaction." "That's why I asked", Bucky chuckles.

"You're horrible", Steve grins and kisses his boyfriend lovingly. "I know", he answers and smiles. Steve considers asking about the picture he found and looks around the room. "What are you thinking about?", Bucky asks and leans onto the blond 's chest. "The picture in your notebook. I didn't read anything, don't worry. I just saw the picture", Steve answers and holds him. "I didn't want to start the computer to look at a picture of you all the time", Bucky explains.