Honeymoon

Chapter 50
•••
•••
•••
They celebrate late into the night and wait until only their families remain in the ballroom. "Are you- are you going to bed now?", Rebecca giggles and hugs her brother. "Yes. And you should, too", Bucky grins and hugs back. Peter takes a picture of them and smiles at the shot. They all part up and go to bed, the twins, Dominic and Allison's children sharing one room. Bucky pulls a readily packed suitcase out from under the bed and grins at Steve. "When are we leaving?", Steve asks and flops down on the bed next to a rolled up Farren. "Around 8. If you're okay with a short wedding night", James smiles.

"Totally", Steve grins. He watches subtly as Bucky undresses and does the same. He pulls the brunet down and kisses him deeply, while Farren flees the bed. They wake up at seven, skin touching skin, and tangled in the sheets. "Put on something comfy, sunshine", James whispers and kisses his husband's cheek. Hydra's prince takes a shower and puts on a pair of jeans and a black shirt, attaching the sleeve to his arm again. He carries his suitcase downstairs and finds the one he asked Sarah to bring standing next to the door leading to the garage. He looks through it quickly, finding everything he asked her to pack for Steve.

Steve goes through Bucky's closet after showering and chooses unexpectedly tight, black pants and a green shirt. He helps Bucky to carry all the presents to the jeep. "We gotta write some thank you letters", Steve says and closes the trunk. "Some? A lot", James laughs and they drive off. "What about our appointments?", Steve asks. Bucky stops at a red light and reaches out to the backseat, grabbing a folder. "Here. I called everyone and moved the appointments by ten days. All but one, but it's in five days and close to where we're going", he says and Steve nods slightly, looking through the files.

They keep driving for another two hours and Bucky refuses to tell Steve where they're going until they reach their destination. A vacation residence at the coast. "The house looks beautiful", Lehigh's prince smiles and exits the car. "Just like the view!" James grins at Steve's excitement and turns off the engine. He carries their luggage inside while his husband admires the view. Bucky joins Steve, when he's finished and lights his last cigarette. He closes the metallic box and sees the blond smiling at him. "It's empty", Steve says. "I know, it's a shame", Bucky answers and lights his cigarette. Steve hits him softly and he laughs.

"I'm joking, Steve", he chuckles and lays his left arm around Steve's waist. Bucky sucks on the cigarette and breathes the smoke out slowly. "May I?", Lehigh's prince asks and Bucky lets him take it. Steve takes a long drag and flicks the cigarette before giving it back. James watches as Steve blows the smoke out and it fades away in the air. "You're staring", the blond says and Bucky blushes. "It just feels so unreal. Being here, married. Being with you in general", James admits, then takes another drag. "I love you too, honey", Steve grins and they stay outside until Bucky finishes smoking.

They unpack their clothes and Steve frowns at his suitcase. "What is it, sunshine?", Bucky asks and grins. "You said we're staying for ten days, right?", the blond says and Bucky nods. "I found two pairs of pants that aren't shorts." "You'll be surprised how warm it gets here. Trust me, two long pairs are enough", James says and places a hickey on Steve's neck. The blond shudders and turns to take his husband's hand, pulling him back. "Wait...", he whispers and kisses the brunet gently. "Remember, when you told me that you liked me in tight pants?" "Mhm", Bucky smirks. "Wasn't that when we went to the movies?" "I think so", Steve grins.

"What about it?", Bucky asks. "I stole yours again", Steve says and kisses him, more intense this time. He picks the brunet up and pushes him against the wall, their kisses and caressing getting more intense. "We should...", Bucky mumbles and only interrupts himself to peck Steve's cheek. "We should move this to the bed, baby." Steve nods and carries Bucky to the bed. James grins up at the blond and pulls him closer, when the doorbell interrupts them. They stop, frozen, and look towards the hallway. "I'll go", Bucky says with a subtle glance at the bulge in Steve's pants. "Thanks", Steve breathes and lets his husband go to the front door.