Twins and House Tours

Chapter 37
•••
•••
•••
"It's wonderful to be back. It's actually light outside, and oh not so unbearably cold", Alice says and takes a step back to look at him. "Crutches?" "Yes, for stairs and longer ways", Bucky says and shrugs. "Just to keep my balance, nothing to worry about. Where are the others?" Alice chuckles and looks back to where she came from. "They are still waiting for their luggage. I told them they didn't need to pack so much, but would they listen? No", she says and Bucky laughs. "Then let's walk towards them, shall we?", he asks.

"Of course, of course", his grandma answers and walks with him. "Where's your mother? Or your sister?" "At home, grandma", Bucky replies and smiles at her. "I drove alone." "James! Since when?", Alice asks surprisedly. "A few days after I got home from Norway. Father, he found out about Steve and me. I just snapped and took the car to get away", James explains. Alice nods, she's proud of him and disappointed in her son. Bucky spots his uncle in the crowd and waves him over. "Good afternoon, Asriel", he grins.

"To you, too", Asriel says and hugs him briefly. "How was your flight?", Bucky asks. "More comfortable than the one we took to Norway, all those years ago", Asriel answers amusedly and five minutes later May and Peter reach them as well. "Hey, you guys", James says and grins. He's excited. "Let's go to the car, it's rather hectic in here. Anything I could take?" He looks over their bags. "You're on crutches, you don't need to take anything", May says and smiles kindly.

"They're just for balance, actually. I can take one of your backpacks. Which one's heaviest?", Bucky says. "Peter's", Asriel says without hesitating. James nods and takes the grey backpack before walking ahead. "Did you put that suit on just to pick us up?", Peter asks curiously. "Well, my favourite hoodie's in for laundry... So, yes", Bucky answers and looks at him. "Rebecca teased me already." "You always liked suits, because your parents dragged you to all festivities since you were five", Alice says.

"Amongst other things, yes, that's a reason", Hydra's prince smiles. "Bucky?", Peter asks and continues after Bucky nods. "Are those guys security?" James looks behind them, seeing the security men following close behind. "Yep", he says. He unlocks his car once they reach it and puts his crutches in the bottom compartment of the trunk. Asriel and James load the suit cases into the car, while the others sit down in the backseat. "Did you drive on your own?", Asriel asks and Bucky quickly explains the reason to him as well.

"Is Alex at the castle?", Asriel questions, storing the last backpack in a gap. "No, not until tomorrow. He's at a hunting cabin", Bucky answers and closes the trunk. They sit down in the front and James turns on the radio, though on a low volume. "They're playing christmas songs on loop, I'm sorry", he says and Peter chuckles. "No problem", he answers. "I won't ask any questions while we're in the car, because I'm sure that my Mom has enough for you", Bucky says and drives off the airport premises.

A few kilometers later, they're all singing along to whichever song is playing at that moment. Bucky notices a call on his phone and hands it to Asriel. "Could you answer? It's Rebecca", Bucky says and his uncle nods. "Hello, Rebecca. Here's Asriel, your brother is driving right now", he says and grins a little. "Hey, good to hear you", Rebecca answers. "It's good that you answered the call. Mom and I wanted to ask, if you all wanted tea, coffee or hot chocolate", she adds.

Asriel tells her about who wants which beverage after asking the others. "Was that all?", he asks. "No, actually. Bucky and I planned to go for a ride since two days, so if any of you want to come along, I'll have to get more horses ready", Rebecca says. "Oh, I'll be glad to get some rest, but I'm sure that Peter would like to join", Asriel says. Peter looks at him confusedly. "Join what?", he asks. "Join your cousins on a ride-out", Asriel answers. "Oh, sure", Peter nods. Rebecca ends the call after getting the reply and goes to ready a third horse.