Chapter 14 ~ Monolog

Nightmare's POV

I sighed, not really focusing on my novel anymore. 'What's up with everyone today? Ever since we brought the human here, some of the others acted... strange... Especially Horror and Swapfell, they've spent the most time of us watching her.' I didn't even notice Cross next to me until he spoke up. "So, senpai, you still haven't told us about the human's details. I would've asked Killer, but he ran off and said something about a new couch." I growled, returning from my train of thoughts. "It's a female human, according to a cloaked humanoid-being does she have a hidden ability and has an unknown soul. Now, get out before I throw you out." I explained as I showed him one of my tentacles as a warning. Cross seemed unfazed by it and just shrugged.

"You know that this still isn't giving me any details about her, senpai." I groaned. "Why would you want to have details about her anyway? Isn't that detail enough that she might be dangerous by the looks of her soul? Now, stop calling me 'senpai and LEAVE." I yelled as I dangerously held up my tentacles, which were ready to pierce through Cross's bones if he wouldn't be willing to leave soon.

Cross held his arms up in defeat, but other than that did he still not seem to be fazed by me threatening him. "No need to get hostile, senpai, I was just asking. Besides, how dangerous could she be? I may have just seen her for about an hour, but I'm pretty sure she's no threat whatsoever. If anything, she seems like a nice human."

His last sentence somewhat made me mad that I picked him up and smashed him onto the ground. He groaned in pain as I released him, scowling. "I don't have time for your bullshit! Calling the human 'nice' isn't going to give you anymore information than you need to! Got that?" Cross nodded while standing up again. "By the way, Dust said he saw Error and the girl returning to her cell, probably so she could sleep. And now I'm gonna sleep myself, see ya, senpai." He chuckled in amusement, walking out the door. I just growled at his back.

Suddenly had I the idea of entering her dream, maybe I could find more information because I was still confused myself about what was going on with that human. I decided to just do it. I sighed and stood up, teleporting to my room and putting my novel away. Seriously, I still didn't get it why the other's were rarely using their magic within the castle. Killer is usually the only one to not use magic. I did create some rooms so magic does not work there, but the throne room and the corridors were those type of rooms where magic was allowed, so why not use magic?

After a few minutes, I decided to just enter the girl's dream, or rather her nightmare.

Dust's POV

I yawned loudly once I finished off the destroyed dummy. Yeah, I might have gone a bit overboard when I started to use a sharp bone to attack it, but whatever. When I walked out the door, I saw Horror walking past me, grinning to himself, but that wasn't his usual insane grin, it was more like he was daydreaming. Curious by his behavious I decided to approach him. "hey horror, are you daydreaming or are you just sleepwalking?" He hummed in response and turned around to face me, his grin was replaced with a frown.

"um... i-i'm just happy to finally get some sleep, you know?" I would have belived him if it wasn't for his mistake of stuttering. I snorted. "man, you're bad at lying. come to think of it, was the human so difficult to handle that you've worked yourself down to the bone? you do know that it's error's turn to watch her, right? so you don't need to look so 'tired'." Horror raised a bonebrow. "wait, wasn't swapfell supposed to watch her?" I shrugged and chuckled at Swapfell's miserable work of watching a human. "yep, but apparently had he harmed the human and was then replaced by error--"

"he hurt her?"

Horror had a barely visible dark aura coming from him... the fuck? Trying not to get him all balistic on Swapfell, I spoke up again. "welp, he got punished with the same treatment he gave the girl, only that nightmare hit him more often than swapfell hit the human. thirty-seven times, i think, at least that's what swapfell told me." His dark aura kind of vanished, but it was still there. His grip on his axe tightened.

"i'll got to bed."

And with that, he teleported off to his room. I just shrugged and continued to walk around a bit. Maybe I could see how Error's watching over the human? Nightmare probably has nothing against it, I mean he was punishing Swapfell for hurting her after all. Though, why is it so important for her to be not harmed by anything? I mean, a few bruises or cuts could be an advantage for us later on, in case it's true what that cloaked guy was talking about.

'...THE HUMAN IS TOO FRAGILE TO BE HARMED.'

I shook my skull. "but i shouldn't care about a filthy human's life

'BUT SHE LOOKED SO BEAUTIFUL, BROTHER!'

I looked above me, there was Papyrus's skull flying. Oh, that explains where his voice came from. Wait a second... "papyrus, why would you call a human 'beautiful'?" Little did I know that I had a slightly visible blush on my cheekbones. Papyrus seemed to smirk in a mocking manner.

"YOU WOULD CALL HER THAT TOO, WOULDN'T YOU? THE SOFT, SENSITIVE SKIN OF HER HAND WHEN YOU SHOOK HANDS, HER STUNNING (E/C) EYES, WONDERFUL (H/C) HAIR... I KNOW YOU WOULD LIKE TO TOUCH IT~"

I started to feel a bit of the blush as I rolled my eyes. "shut up papyrus, no i wouldn't!"

"YES, YES YOU WOULD, AND DENYING IT WILL NOT HELP YOU GET TO HER FASTER."

"what do you mean by get to her faster--?" Suddenly I noticed that I was subconsciously walking towards the cells. I sighed. "well then, i guess we're gonna see what error's up to, other than being a creep and stalking (y/n)." I chuckled as I continued walking. Papyrus was blabbering about why I should like her and why I shouldn't harm her. And I was looking at him like 'What the actual fuck, Pap?!', still blushing.

[Published: 6/6/17]