♡ Valentine's Day 2019 ♡

~ Haven Valley ~

"M'lady," your bodyguard said as he knocked on your opened door, "Prince Nicolas would like to speak to you about the Royal Ball."

You turned to look at him, "Oh? Didn't my parents already clear that up?" Chris nodded.

"Yes, but your mother asked me to give you her task of preparing the decoration with Prince Nicolas, so the Royal Ball would be a success", he explained. He pet the head of his wolf familiar before the wolf walked towards you so you could pet him. Caleb seemed satisfied by your touch as he leaned in more towards your hand.

You giggled, "Hey there, Caleb." Looking back up at Chris, you saw him patiently waiting for your reply. "Okay, I'll quickly get dressed. Is Nicolas waiting in the entrance hall?" The van-bodyguard nodded again. "Alright, tell him I'll be there soon." Chris bowed down before beckoning Caleb to follow him out the door, closing it once they were out to give you some privacy.

Gathering your needed clothing for the day, you stripped yourself off your pyjamas and changed into a small dress for kids in your size. (Also, little clarification here since a few people don't seem to understand this part of Haven Valley: No matter how old you look in the valley, your age is still the same as your real self. You basically may look like a little kid there, but you'd still be 17 like (Y/N) from the rest of the canon side of the book. I'll explain this part of the valley another time.)

Once you were dressed, you made your way over to the door and opened it only to be greeted by Blake who had his back turned towards you as he guarded your bedroom door. Chris probably asked him to watch over you while he went back to Nicolas. You put your small hand into the vanguard's as he turned around to face you with a bow. "Good morning, princess."

"Morning, Blake!" You could feel that he was a bit embarrassed under his mask because of you two holding hands. He seemed in some kind of trance until you started to walk down the corridor, lightly tugging at his hand as you glanced up at him with big eyes filled with seemingly pure innocence and happiness. "Let's go see Nicolas! Say, is the whole Bad Brotherhood here too?" Blake just shrugged while following your lead, he only saw Nicolas, Chris and Volter with Randy so far.

As you two reached the entrance hall's staircase top, you glanced down the stairs from in between the railing. Below, you saw Prince Nicolas talking to Volter and Randy about something you couldn't quite hear. But you did make out some bits coming from Nicolas: "We will let her choose. Do not force her. If she doesn't want to dance with more than one, then wait. We might just all get lucky everytime she returns." Unsure who they were talking about, you called out to them, still on top of the stairs, your head was practically stuck in between the railing at this point.

"Hey, Nico! What are you guys talking about?!"

Shocked by the sudden appearance of your loud voice, Nicolas and the other two looked up at you, slightly embarrassed but also confused and relieved at the same time.

"It... It's nothing for you to worry about, your highness!" Volter sheepishly responded, his voice was only raised enough so you could hear it, but not to make it seem like he would disrespect you so your father wouldn't come to see the 'commotion'. Compared to your more strict mother, your father was pretty cool and laid back for a king, but when it came to harming his family, especially you, then he would not hesitate to get in between the confrontation.