Chapter 25 ~ Hidden Lair

Note: Cross's POV is a little continuation of chapter 23. I feel like you should know what they were talking about. Horror's view will follow in the next chapter due to me wanting to update.]

Cross's POV

Edge said something as Chara spoke. "Are you thinking about a certain someone again~?" I crossed my arms as I glared at the floating, transparent boy next to me.

"i don't wanna hear it, chara," I said. Swapfell and Edge just gave me a weird look. Chara smirked, "Well, if you say so. By the way, I think Horror might just have a crush on the girl. Just saying, according to how he acts." My eye sockets then widened.

"huh? horror and-- nah. it can't be. he wouldn't, and couldn't. nightmare would've figured it out by now."

"Oh yeah? Then how come you've fallen for her too, without him noticing?" He smirked. That bastard.

"wh-what! no! i-i, um, wh-what makes you think that?" I swear, my face practically became a purple grape at this point. "you know what? fuck it. you can't prove anything! you have no proof!"

"Oh I have all the proof I need~. I mean, we share the same soul, I can clearly feel the thumping from your part of the soul," his smug grin only grew.

"s-shut up!" I said before teleporting off, my skull almost completely purple. I was in my room when I glared at Chara, he just chuckled in amusement. "y-you can't just assume such things! you're just impossible to live with!" I groaned as I dropped the bags and flopped onto my bed, hiding my still bright purple skull in my pillow.

"Oh please, I was only teasing. Well, I'd say 60% tease, 5% mock and 35% was stating the truth. I mean, it's obvious you like her as well as Horror does." I groaned once more as I rolled over onto my back to give the floating human a look.

"CROSS YOU ASSHOLE! GET BACK HERE WITH THE OTHER HALF! YOU FORGOT TO LAY THE BAGS ON THE FUCKING KITCHEN COUNTER!"

"crap. that means no chocolate stash for today."

Nightmare's POV

Error told me about the human's reactions and what traits she couldn't be. Apparently, Killer and Dust took over his shift, which was both surprising and suspiscious, but I didn't question it because they might get some information out of her that Error never could. Speaking of which, he just entered the throne room, an uninterested look was plastered onto his skull.

"Did you find anything interesting? Any traces of the Star Sanses?" I asked him as he stopped in front of my throne's stairs. He just shook his skull. "Well then, what did you find?" I knew Error, he wouldn't return empty-handed unless there was a reason behind it.

"aNoThEr HuMaN fElL, AnD sHe SeEmS tO KnOw tHe OtHeR gIrL. ShAlL wE TaKe hEr HoStAgE aS WeLl? sHe AlSo sEeMs To kNoW A lOt AbOuT AUs." Now this actually caught my attention.