Chapter 23 ~ Assumptions

(B/N) = Bitch's Name/Bully's Name/Someone You Dislike

Vile's POV

"the human's asleep, come back later--" I stopped myself at the sight of the skeleton before my hollow eye sockets.

It was Horror.

"oh... so i'm not able to talk to her, again... go figure," Horror sighed in what seemed like disappointment. Then he turned to leave again, but I stopped him before he reached the door.

"wait. what were you trying to do to her?" I asked, giving my bloody counterpart a suspiscious look. He turned back to face me again. "were you actually going to talk to her or are you just trying to figure out an excuse to kill her instantly?"

He lowly growled at me in annoyance, "no!? 'course not! i already almost killed her, twice! so don't bring up such shit when i'm trying to talk to her!" Now it was my turn to let out a low growl.

"oh really? you were the reason why i had to keep her here for several hours! and now that she's weak, nearly completely drained of energy and very vulnerable, you decide to visit her with your axe and probably some other weapon behind your back, just to finish her off!" My voice got louder at the end. Horror seemed to be taken back for a moment before his grip around his axe tightened.

"what do you mean by 'nearly completely drained of energy'?" He asked, if it wouldn't be for this dark, deadly aura I felt around him as well as his glare, I would've believed he was concerned.

"someone seemed to have drained her energy in her stasis. i'm not sure who, how or why, but (y/n)'s soul also took some damage from it. and i doubt nightmare was the one who did it, he wasn't even able to enter her dream this time himself. someone else must have done something to her processor, making the previous two nights drain her energy."

Horror was silent. He seemed to be thinking about something. I rolled my non-existent pinpricks at his reaction. "wait, who else has the ability to enter dreams and get away with--" He stopped as his glare became dangerous, but the only thing that scared me was the lightly visible dark aura around him. "...dream..." And with that he stormed out the door, shutting the door with a lot of force.

I groaned, "are you serious right now? the first one to actually close the damn door is the one who's the first one to almost break it! how delightful! i swear, if that door breaks down one day then i will personally install a force field."

"But that would cost a fortune, or your life. Depending on what you would like to give up first."

I sighed in annoyance, "oh shut up. there's something called theft and a plan, cloaky." I turned towards the cloaked man. He chuckled at my response.

"Oh really? Fact is, you would not make it on your own. But the thing that I am questioning is why you would even need to install a force field if you could just buy two doors for the price of one. It makes it a lot cheaper and easier for you to get. It's like cash-money on sale. You would not have to steal them then."