Chapter 5

POV: (Jared)

Celise was moving outside in the living room probably picking up everything that had been left on the floor. After my shower I still couldn't make myself leave my room. I'm sure Celise thought something was wrong considering I'd have never left her alone in the house.

The only thing that kept running through my head was what Sloane had said. With the smell of Celise wrapping around me even through the door, I knew I was in a lot of trouble. I had two options here: I could either take a human for a mate or push Celise completely from my life and never see her again.

Neither option sounded permissable and so instead I sat on my bed trying to breathe into my pillow. Now that I had calmed down a bit I could finally concentrate on the fact that a wolf was pacing back and forth underneath my skin, literally. It didn't have any real thoughts of its own except 'mate', 'hunt', and 'food'. I wish I could've seen what my wolf looks like at the very least but instead I don't even remember changing at all.

My phone rang, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Hello?"

"I heard from Essie that you and your sister went to the Library today."

Of course my aunt would call at the most inopportune time.

"I see the Coven's gossip is still strong as always. Why'd you really call me though, Aunt Beatrix?"

"Some of the Coven's members have been worried about this new coalition between the Supernatural community that you're sister has thought up." Shifting noises came over the line and I could picture seeing my Aunt with her purple tinted hair running her hand down the length nervously.

"What you mean is that most of the older Mage's are fussing about having their descendants working with Vampires. Right?"

I tried really hard not to let my anger show but I new I failed. With the wolf inside of me, all of my emotions kept taking control. It felt like I had no control over my anger since I touched that parchment earlier. From the silence over the phone, I knew I was correct in my assumptions. All the older Mage's had looked disdainfully on Sloane and I when we were growing up. It wasn't until I showed signs of becoming a great mage and no thirst for blood that the eyes that regarded me changed to anticipation.

"Look Aunt Beatrix, I'll hold a meeting and try to clear it up with the elders but regardless of whether they wish to or not we will still go through with this. It's a good idea and could decrease the amount of death in the Supernatural community that goes unnoticed or ignored. I'm behind Sloane completely in this regard. I've taken down your concerns but trying to appease these ancients who aren't with the times isn't top on my priority list."

"I understand Jared. I'll let the elders know that you want to hold a collective meeting. When should we schedule it for?"

"Do it for next week some time. I've got to go though. Give me a call tomorrow."

We hung up and I sat there staring at my cellphone screen with a picture of Sloane, Celise and I in a group huddle on one of our many camping trips we took into the mountains. Ever since I got my license at 17 and had saved up enough money from my part time job to buy a car, I'd taken both Celise and Sloane camping about an hour away. Every year we took the same camping trip even though it was complete wilderness. It was easy keeping wild animals away with a simple spell.

Of course the first time we'd taken the trip when Sloane and I were 17, it had been an utter disaster. We both weren't completely stable in our powers yet and the spell had backfired during the middle of the night. A cougar had jumped on top of the tent the girls had been in but luckily it landed on Sloane instead of Celise. With her vampiric strength she'd snapped it's neck but in the process destroyed the tent. In the end, all three of us had huddled into my small dome tent.