*Sneak Peek* Chapter 34

(Celise's POV) 

A/N: Yeah that's right it's just going to be a bit from her POV since all those people there are pretty much struggling to wake up or knocked tf out at the moment. Pfft. 

I had a dream that I'd died and was able to see my own dead body. Maybe that would've been what had drawn most people's attention but I was really concerned about Jared. In my dream he'd looked to be in so much pain and ended up blacking out. It wasn't even just him though, Sloane had looked scary as hell. For some reason she'd terrified me and where her hand held my wrist it was really painful. 

By the time I had lost consciousness from her performing some magic, it was as if someone punched me in the chest and I woke up screaming. The pain had seemed only slightly painful at first, if you call a punch to the chest slightly painful but then my whole body felt like lava was thrown onto it. Heat had spread from my heart and traveled through my arms, neck, head, torso and then my legs. 

It was such a specific pain that I could feel every tiny subtle change that happened to me. The heat seemed to melt and reconstruct the bones, veins and organs inside of me. I knew that the dream I'd had must've been in fact reality and I truly had died. This must be what Cane had done to me. Only thing was, some humans just didn't make the change. After what the twins and Cane were put through though, I refused to let go of this world. I would endure. 

Enduring was proving to be a lot harder than I'd assumed. I felt the wolf inside of me begin to take shape and fill my body.

A/N: It's rather difficult to do her point of view or explain how the process of her humanity slipping away feels or so I've realized. I'm going to just leave this for now and come back. I'm actually super damn sick. Kind of feel bad I've neglected my other books but since this is almost done I just want to finish this book first. Merp.