Chapter 21

(Jared's POV)

After my talk with Dimitri, Sloane had come out of the adjourning bathroom and grabbed Isbal before saying her goodbye. She didn't even give a thanks before heading towards the surface. I didn't blame her though considering we were surrounded by the dead. I'm sure being among the Flock was scraping at her senses of seeing into the ShadowRealm.

How'd I know? Because I could almost see into it through our link. If what I was seeing was accurate than the entire place was more crowded than a concert. We drove back to the house in relative quiet if you discounted Isbal's thrashing and cursing in Sloane's lap.

"Oh shut the fuck up already and accept the fact that we're stuck with one another. I don't like you one itty bitty titty bit either but unfortunately we're stuck together until I can make you go incorpereal. Unless you want me to try to kill you in numerous ways to see if your 'God' soul flies out of your body?"

That shut Isbal up and he calmly sat in her lap with a petulant pout. He looked like a todler who'd asked for his parent to buy a toy but was refused.

"Do you want me to call Candy and the rest? We still have a couple of appointments scheduled for today and seeing as I've already had to cancel a few of them while we were busy, I don't think we can afford to cancel the rest. To be honest I'm still wondering how my connection worked underground."

Celise had been relatively quiet the entire morning so it shocked me when she spoke up from the backseat.

"It's some kind of magic they had done for the food they keep," Sloane answered offhandedly.

"Do you think you're up to seeing clients today," I asked her as she begun stroking the horns on Isbal's tiny head.

"Sure. Not like I'm going to collapse again anytime soon. I can feel that the feeding should last a few days at the least, if I don't use my magic. If I go to one of Dimitri's S&M Clubs after work it would also help a bit. So no need to worry about me."

She wasn't lying. I could feel her power coursing down our connection and in that moment I realized that she was strengthening the wolf inside of me. When I realized that the magic was technically being stolen I cut the link.

It shocked her enough that she jerked in her seat with a grimace.

"Sorry. I just realized I was stealing your magic. After dropping you guys off at the office I'm going to head over to the Coven and talk to the members who joined SPARC."

"You mean Theresa?" The snark was not lost on me.

"She is one of them."

Celise was relatively quiet and when I glanced in the rearview mirror I realized she was looking out the window, clearly attempting to ignore our conversation. The pain coming off of her was potent and I had to tamp down on the urge to pull over and comfort her. No. I won't overstep our bounds. Celise is like my sister and this urge is simply caused by the damn wolf.

At a stoplight some women pulled up in the car next to us and began whistling and shouting. When I glanced over I realized they were probably doing that because I was shirtless. I'd forgot about that issue.

"Oh brother, you're gathering a fan club," Sloane chuckled next to me and begun winking outrageously and gyrating her hips at the women. After she did that they got confused and stopped trying to get my attention. Although Sloane and I don't look identical, we were unmistakably related. Polar opposites in the personality department but two peas of the same pod.

"Can we get home already?" Celise mumbled almost too quiet for me to hear even with my Supernatural hearing. It surprised me for a second that she called it home and an odd sense of happiness washed through me before I shook it off.

The house came into view not long after and I led the girls in before checking the wards around the house.

"Are the Fire Coven members still here?"

"Yeah. The nude colony has yet to leave.. we've added to the club though. Except these ones are definitely Vampires."

"Hmm? Do they look different?"

I'd never actually thought that different Supernatural's would look different in their spirit form.

"Yes," disgust was evident in her voice and I had to wonder what they looked like. With that, I opened our link wide and shoved myself into her.

It was rather intrusive but she allowed it and I could see through her eyes. Holy Hecate. What stood in our living room was exactly what she said, a nudist colony. Interspersed amongst the humanoid shaped spirits were freakish looking things. Think slender man with grey skin, no eyes and only a mouth filled with razor teeth. Their bodies were hunched over and made it look like a person with stilts on their legs and arms was posed in some kind of macabre way.

I wasn't even sure how they were fitting inside of our house but that was answered when I realized a lot of them were half in and half out. Outside probably looked like the gates to hell if you could see the creatures walking in the ShadowRealm.

"Well fuck! Why the hell are so many damn fuckers in this bitch?! You trying to steal my business, prostitute?!"

Isbal was hugging one of Sloane's arms that were wrapped around his middle.

"Trust me, shit for brains, I. Am. Not. Happy. About. This. It's one thing for the dead Coven members but I seriously loathe the Spirits of the Vampires. Damn Shredders."

What she was refferring to is when a Vampire's soul entered the ShadowRealm it was due to unresolved emotions. Meaning that they were basically evil spirits. Vampire's never had anything good that was unresolved so they turned into 'Shredders' and the more volatile ones could manifest in front of other Supernaturals and literally shred their spirits.

To be surrounded by this many Shredders was unnerving.

"They're not going to attack us right?"

My nervousness was blatantly obvious but it freaked me out that they were able to get past our wards.

"This is my fault. I accidently opened a Gateway to the ShadowRealm in my bedroom while I was sleeping. I've no idea how to close it. This damn fucking power is on my last nerve!"

There's no way I'd blame my sister but I was still concerned about whether they'd attack us.

"Fuck no they won't attack. I control all things in the ShadowRealm and since I'm going to be staying here for a while with your bitch asses, I'd rather not have my servants die."

At this point I just accepted the fact that Isbal meant no offense with his cursing. It must've been a mental defficiency.

"Good to know." With that, I left to go to my bedroom and get changed into clothes for meeting clients. I'd planned on going to the Coven today but I'd have to wait until after my last client. 

A/N: I'd thought this Chapter would piss me off.. Maybe it'll be the next one. I'm super tired so my ideas kind of shot off and now I think it's time for sleep. I'm not sure what's going on with my chapters though. For some reason the word count dropped a ton. o.o My apologies. 

After careful consideration, I've realized something rather hilarious. Sloane and Jared's personalities are definitely switched. hahah! It should be that Sloane is the more calm, intelligent, nervous about problems person. But instead she's much like a shameless man. xD