Chapter 35

Sloane's POV

Something wet and tasty trickled into my mouth and throat. My tongue tried to reach for it as if it could pull whatever it is inside of me. I was still fuzzy but I could feel magic being shoved inside of me through that sweet taste filling my mouth. Heat wrapped me like a cocoon and I felt someone's arms wrapped around me.

Even though my eyes felt too heavy to open, from the magic and blood I knew who it was. Unfortunately I was just too weak at the moment to try to resist the Master Vampire at the moment. Where was I again? Oh right, Cece had died. I'd used a bunch of my magic. Possibly almost died. May have probably killed half the city but wasn't too sure about that. Which, now that I think about it, I'm sure will have repercussions from the Covens. And when I'd put Cece back the magic had flung me into the Meth house.

I lay in Dimitri's arms as he kept funneling magic into me. I'd begun to wonder where the hell he was getting all this energy and I realized I actually knew. Somehow I could feel and know what he was doing. He'd opened a line to his Flock and they were feeding on the food supply they held while giving that energy to their Master. In turn he was continuously shoving it into me. 

Finally I could open my eyes and I stared into Dimitri's swirling tornado grey blue eyes not an inch or two away from me. His mouth still at my own but he was now just leisurely kissing me tentatively as my own tongue sat there still. My fangs had lengthened and he ran his tongue along them. Sending a shiver through me because of how sensitive they were. His eyes held laughter. Probably from my response to his slight ministrations. 

Since I was still weak, the push I'd tried to give him had turned into a sort of caress on his chest. Making it seem like a sensual gesture rather than a struggle to get away. I gave up trying to get away and moved my eyes to look over his shoulder. It was a surprise when I saw the weirdly swirling colors of magic that surrounded us. The magic was so thick that it seemed he and I were alone in this world. 

One of his hands gripped my lower back and the other behind my head, supporting it. His tongue pressed and dragged across my fang, allowing more of his tasty blood to fill the both of our mouths. When his lower hand moved over my butt something seemed to slightly change with the magic. At first I honestly hadn't understood what was happening. My magic was always cold, seemingly having to do with death. Or so I had always thought. This magic was warm. Not hot like the Shifters though.

For some reason the hole inside of me where the Blood Curse was had begun to fill up but it also made my body extremely sensitive. I really had no idea what the hell was happening. I'd thought my magic could only fill from torture and pain but this was nothing like that. It confused the fuck out of me. 

A slight whimper escaped my lips at the tightening this magic induced. Imagine a lover lightly caressing your bare skin just enough that you feel it but not enough to satisfy. That's exactly what this magic felt like. Almost like an invisible lover teasing you to the point of climax just to pull back. I squirmed against Dimitri and hungrily ate at his mouth. 

When I raised my hands to pull him closer against me he allowed it but then disentangled my arms and pulled back. The magic that had hidden us begun to dissipate and I found that we were not exactly alone. Not that I could see anything because of the lighting difference at the moment but I could see shapes and shadows standing around. 

"You alright, Slowster?" A croaking and weak Cane's voice spoke up from the left of me and I almost jumped. Almost. Dimitri still had a hand on one of my own but I allowed it since I wasn't sure if I was going to eat shit again. 

"Yes," I responded but it was more like a raspy, throaty, sensual yes rather than an answer to his question. 

Dimitri chuckled and I glared at where he was, just making out his features. My vision was beginning to come back from the previous weakness that had consumed me. 

I looked behind Dimitri to find Cece's body but all I could see was a bloody and dead corpse left of her. Tears fell down my face as I tried to breathe through the pain. 

"She's fine, Sloane. Her change was successful. There she is with your brother," Cane spoke up as he realized what my mood change had been about. 

When I glanced at him I followed his hand to where he was pointing and could barely make out some shapes with glowing eyes. Through my link with Jared I could feel that he was holding down his magic so as to not have the new changes show on his form. It would be cause for concern to everyone probably to see Jared with electricity and a bigger form. He was already large but I think he was about the size of a Hellhound when he released all the magic for his change. Since he was a Skinwalker, sort of, his change was fueled by magic as opposed to a DNA type of shift. He was capable of managing the amount of magic he wanted to use in this form. 

"Can she change back yet," I huskily asked. 

"It would be most wise for the wolves to leave my land before you begin to ask questions. I also am most curious on what exactly you were doing in order for you to not only injure yourself but the whole city."

Dimitri's words made Cane and his Enforcers growl. Cece whimpered a bit and when I looked over I could see she was trying to crawl towards me but Jared's wolf was hovering and Dimitri was in the way. 

"Move out of the way so I can check on my best friend."

"Ah, yes. Your human.. or should I say wolf now? Very well. Is she the reason for this commotion?"

I gave him an annoyed look. 

"Why are you so pissed off? We're literally doing our job and looking for the asshole who's been killing everyone. The fucker got Cece and we couldn't make it in time. He was damn fast. Fucking Dark Fae," I spit the last words out. To say I was pissed was an understatement. 

His left eyebrow lifted slightly and backed off a bit to allow me to move towards the blonde wolf. Cane began to speak to fill the awkward silence as I finally reached Cece's blonde wolf. 

"She'll be able to change back in a few hours but she should get something to eat before she goes rabid. First time they change it's really hard on the new body and in order for her to reform the more advanced 'shell' it'll need more food than normal."

"We're clear across town and there's nothing she can eat here unless you start offering up body parts," I couldn't help but snark. 

"There is food," Dimitri spoke up with a sigh, "Since you're here then it's for an obvious reason. By the looks of the corpses I'm guessing they came from the portal. Which means that the person who's done the killings is probably down there. My only request is that anything you see down there is to not leave there. By no means are you to try and destroy it either."

His magic was still as strong as it was before he'd fed me and none of us seemed to give two shits about what was down there. So we all agreed. 

When we reached the well, Jared changed back and picked up Cece. It looked really uncomfortable because of how large her body was but he still managed. Then we all jumped into the well. 

It felt like slipping down a chimney and before we all knew it, we were in another place. From the looks of it we were underground but everything was lightly lit and I realized it wasn't from magic but torches. Very archaic. Looking around, there were Supernatural of every kind and even Zombies just randomly walking around. Standing in front of us was the biggest damn Haunted House/Fair I'd ever seen. 

I wonder if there was candy. 

A/N: It's kind of funny that when I first began to write this it was clearly no where near Halloween but the fact that it coincided with the real Halloween just cracked me up. Ugh, did any of you buy the 50% off on candy when it ended? Make sure to brush yours and your kids teeth if you got em. Cavities are a bitch. But candy is so good! :D